98

I heard voices around me, but it sounded like I was hearing them from underwater. They were muffled and it was hard for me to make out what they were saying.

"..........didn't.......she......couldnt say no," The words became clearer the more I concentrated, and I managed to start pulling myself up, out of the blackness that help me captive.

"I think I put her in a coma. Sam! What the fuck man? What do I do?" Colby's voice was frantic and scared.

 "She's going to be okay brother! Listen.....do you hear her heartbeat? It's strong. She'll be fine. She just needed to rest and recuperate. All of that, plus you feeding off of her twice in one day...it's bound to take a toll on her. She's only human." Sam replied.

"But she's been asleep for 3 days!" Colby's voice rose an octave, still panicky.

3 days?! There's no way that I have been out for 3 days...

I felt whatever I was lying on, Colby's bed I was guessing, dip down from someone sitting. Colby's fingers, I would recognize his touch anywhere, trailed along the outline of my face, down to my jawline, stopping at my lips. I tried to move, to speak, something to let him know that I was okay, to take that panicky tone out of his voice, to comfort him. I wasn't able to.

My body still felt too weak, paralyzed even. I couldn't move.

Did he paralyze me?? Oh my God. Scenes from mine and Colby's night together flashed through my mind.

Did I really do that? Did I actually enjoy that? Hell yea, I did.

I couldn't believe it really, but that was the most amazing sexual experience that I've had in my life...and it was with a vampire. That was definitely different.

I tried to flex my fingers and my toes, listening to the voices around me.

It sounded like it was just Sam and Colby for now.

 "You need to calm down brother. She'll be fine."

 I heard Colby huff out a breath. "How do you know? Kat didn't do this. Devyn never goes through this. Why is Chloe different?"

 Sam laughed. "Brother...I didn't shut off my emotions. Corey didn't either. We have had control for a while. It's harder with them, but not so much that we can't handle it. Not saying that you didn't handle it!" I could imagine Colby's face getting a defensive look on it. "It's just that you've had so much bottled up, and you literally let it all out on Chloe...in more ways than one, in one day. The bruises are already starting to fade and the wounds on her neck are healing. She's just sleeping. That was a lot for her to deal with."

I heard Colby groan, and I tried again to speak. A low strangled sound escaped my mouth, and I felt my  fingers twitch a little when I tried to flex.

Colby grabbed my hand in his.

"Chloe! Sam she's waking up! Chloe? I'm right here. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Please wake up baby."

I forced my eyelids up. They fluttered a little and fell shut a couple of times, before I got them to stay open. I found Colby's blurry face, and raised my hand to wiped my eyes, allowing for him to come into focus.

His blue eyes were wide, his face hovering over me, looking down at me.

Sam was next to the bed.

"Wha-"

 My throat was too dry.

 I couldn't speak. I lifted my hand again, grabbing my throat. It felt sore and parched.

"Do you need some water?" Colby asked, and I nodded.

Sam grabbed a bottle out of Colby's mini fridge and tossed it to him. He snatched the cap off, then used his free arm to lift me to a sitting position, holding me upright. I closed my eyes against the movement, feeling the room sway and tilt. I felt drunk.

The cold water bottle was pressed against my lips and I tilted my head back, letting the liquid sooth my angry throat. It was like life was being breathed back into me. I gulped it, like I was dying of thirst. Maybe I was.

Colby took it away from my mouth sooner than I wanted, and I whined. I really needed to stop doing that. It was pathetic.

 He was making me pathetic. I used to be a bad ass.

"You can have more in a little while. You don't want to drink too much too fast. You'll get sick." He mothered me.

 I pouted.

"I used to be a bad ass," was the first thing that I croaked out.

His brow furrowed, but I saw Sam suck his lips in, holding back laughter.

 "What?" Colby asked, confused.

He looked at Sam.

"Is she still high?"

 Sam shook his head. "I don't think so brother."

My head was still a little blurry from sleeping for so long but I wasn't high any longer. "I used to be a bad ass. You made me soft."

Sam burst out laughing, while Colby chewed his lip. "Don't worry Chloe, you make him soft too."

Colby shot him an 'eat shit' look, before turning back to me. "You are such a bad ass baby. I'm sorry that I was so hard on you. I didn't mean to be." He hung his head in shame.

 Sam just rolled his eyes and shook his head.

 I scooted closer to him, and reached my hand around his neck, to play with his hair.

 "Don't be sorry. Best experience I've ever had. I basically forced myself on you anyways so it's my fault. Sorry I pushed you."

He kind of grinned, giving me a smirk that had a touch of the bad ass Colby in it. "Best experience you've ever had, huh?"

 I rolled my eyes, and held my hand out for the water bottle again. I didn't disagree though because I was one hundred percent telling the truth. Honestly, was looking forward to more experiences like that.

I felt my skin tingle just from thinking about it. I met Colby's eye's and they darkened, the pupils blowing out slightly.

"Seriously?" He asked in amazement.

 Damn him and his ultra sensitive smell. I blushed, and looked away.