00- Prologue - Jump!

A/N: Hello everyone. Welcome to Book Two. Unlike the previous book, Nameless, this one is only loosely based on rl, it's more a fun story to get lost in. Hope you like it.

I stand on the precipice

Often there comes a time when all you need to do is jump. A leap of faith. To let all thoughts go and let gravity take control. Anything worth a darn doesn't come without a little risk. Financial investments, scientific discoveries, space exploration, love. Why was it so hard for me to take a leap of faith? Why couldn't I do more and think less? All I had to do was jump...

The water churns and roils below me. It's pristine and a clear blue darker than the sky. A strong breeze blows through the air and further aggravates the waves. They roll back and forward; smashing and battering against the cliff. It's as if the ocean is trying to knock the mountain off the face of the earth. The currents are wild, dangerous, and beautiful.

Just like the girl standing next to me.

Grey stormy eyes stare back at me. They're filled with excitement and an unspoken dare.

"Ari, are you sure about this?" I ask.

I cautiously creep closer to the edge of the cliff. Jagged rocks protrude from the beach below where the bluffs meet the sea. The drop is steep and far below. A heaviness forms at the pit of my stomach. The height makes me queasy and lightheaded.

I take a few steps back, safe from the drop-off. I suddenly don't feel well.

"Aurora?" I call her by her full name hoping to catch her attention. She'd ignored my question or hadn't heard.

"Yes, of course." She exclaims. "Isn't this excellent!"

Ari's hair is pulled into a messy ponytail on top of her head. The wind has caught hold of her raven locks and strands wildly blow around her face. Her thick brows are knitted in concentration as she surveys the rocks below. She is pacing along the side of the cliff looking for a good spot for us to jump from.

A good one as opposed to a bad one. A bad one meant death and drowning. Not in that order.

She sits down on the rocks and slides down to a ledge below us. It appears she has found her spot. Ari stands back up. She looks up at me and smiles. The left corner of her mouth lifts first and then the other side. Her smile evens out to reveal a perfectly straight set of pearly whites. A dimple rests above her right cheek. The smile brightens her entire face. Turning her dangerous beauty into an inviting sirens call.

I love this smile; it quickens my heart. It's my favorite. I call it the slow creeper, though I'd never tell her that.

"This is it. This is the spot." She says. "If we jump from here we should be good."

I'm not sure how she has come to this conclusion. And should be good?

Her phrasing didn't bode well for a successful outcome or boost my confidence. I take another look at the waves clashing against the rocks. I'm not going to lie. I'm terrified. I didn't see how this spot was any better than the other spots around us. The rocks looked terrifying.