Author's Note

Hello, everyone! Controversial ending and believe me I struggled

Unlike the first book this one, I took more creative liberties for a more entertaining story. I know I broke a lot of hearts but also made a lot of you happy. Breaking hearts was intentional yet also not intentional. I hadn't intended for so many people to fall in love with Charli, but it was intentional to set her up as the person whose heart was to be broken. And I did it to amplify the MC's choice, not to be callous. I was close to changing the ending for the dramatic effect, but in the end, I chose to go with the original ending.

This story wasn't meant to glorify hurting someone else. It was meant to show two different types of love. A stable happy love versus the kind of love you can't run from. I was not trying to say one is better than the other or that love can't be both happy and inevitable. I was attempting to express my own personal experience by strapping you guys into my own emotional rollercoaster. For those who felt a little bipolar reading this...also intentional. I wanted you to get a sense of the irrational I- can't-breath-without-you love that is beyond logic or reason.

Charli may have been the "right" choice but there never really was a choice to begin with.

Also, book 3, is live. I need time to think and plot the entire thing because I hate plot holes, love plot twists, and enjoy leaving breadcrumbs. Follow if you'd like the announcement for when I release updates or if you just want to show your love. It inspires me, it truly does.

 It inspires me, it truly does