23 - idky... - pt. 1

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I wake up to the smell of coffee and breakfast

I'd woken up alone in the apartment so often it takes me a second to understand what is going on. I can hear Aurora in the kitchen banging around moving things. She is the loudest person I've ever met. I'd bet my arm and leg this is her trying to be quiet and not wake me.

She is cooking again, and it smells amazing. My stomach growls. I'd skipped lunch in the cafeteria and then dinner as a matter of principle. But now I'm starving, and I have to leave my bedroom eventually.

I have to go pee.

I lay in bed and stare at my dark ceiling, my room had no windows. I don't even know what time it is. I wonder how long I can hold it. I'm not supposed to. It's bad for your health or something. No, I have to go. If I time it correctly, I can sneak past her. I can be like Charli, sneaky and quiet.

I place my feet on the floor then walk over to my door. I open it slightly and peak out to the kitchen. Her back is turned and facing the stove. I open the door and dash for her room. And then I crash to the floor. I scowl at the offending suitcase I'd landed on.

I'd tripped over it.

Aurora leans over the kitchen counter and stares at me on the floor. Her eyes meet mine. She snickers and then bursts into laughter.

"Why is your suitcase in the middle of the floor!" I shout.

She is still laughing. She grabs her shirt collar and puts it in her mouth, I believe to stop herself from laughing. It's not working because she continues to laugh only now it's more muffled.

"My bad," She says between snickers. "Watch out for the giant-ass suitcase in the middle of the floor."

I glare at her. But she only laughs harder. And then I'm laughing uncontrollably.

I don't know why.

Perhaps it's just how laughter works. It's infectious so much so that I'm seconds from peeing myself. But I'm still angry with her. I hop up from the floor and run for the bathroom.