15 - Blood, Sedatives, and Tears - pt. 1

AU Note: Warning intense chapter ahead, whenever there is a Shawn Mendes song to track with the chapter it's a downer

AU Note: Warning intense chapter ahead, whenever there is a Shawn Mendes song to track with the chapter it's a downer. This part and the next update is as sad as it gets. It will be all laughs, rainbows and unicorns after...sorta

Chapter Seven

I wake up to the sound of chaos

After Charli left, I'd closed myself up in my room instead of trying to go after Aurora. There was no point. She hated me. There was no question in my mind about it. She had to. Just as I hated her when I'd seen her with Apollo.

On paper, it shouldn't matter. It shouldn't have bothered me to see her with Apollo, I had no claim over her. And it shouldn't have hurt her to see me with Charli. She'd told me to have a summer without her and it's what I'd been doing.

Her walking in on me should've been embarrassing but not gut-wrenching. We're stuck in this complicated in-between and it's brutal. We're hurting each other. Watching each other's summer romances play out is unbearable. If we were just friends, then none of this stuff should've mattered.

But we aren't just friends, are we?

We'd already crossed the friendship line but can't move forward. Is it possible to take a step back over the line? I don't know, but I want to try. I love her. I care for her. It's just time for me to let go of any idea of us being together. It's the only way to salvage what's left of our crumbling friendship. I need to accept the reality or I need to go home.

And I don't want to go home.

I like Paris and...I like Charli.

I'm not sure when I fall asleep. Probably before nightfall. But I am emotionally drained, I feel like I haven't slept in ages. I fall into a deep slumber, the kind that hurts to be pulled out of. Which is why I when I'm abruptly woken, my heart feels as if it's been shock started by jump cables.

Smash. Smash. Smash

I open my eyes. An electrical current is running throw my veins. I'm instantly energized and alert. There is loud motorized churning, metal gears grinding and crushing together. Followed by objects crashing and then glass shattering.