32 - 21 Questions - pt.3

Chapter Twelve continued...

We finished eating our late lunch and then we decided to spend the rest of our day on different decks of the yacht

We finished eating our late lunch and then we decided to spend the rest of our day on different decks of the yacht. I'd been expecting to have to watch Ari and Apollo all day together, but the yacht was big enough I didn't have to. We coupled up and split to do our own thing.

Charli and I spent some time lounging on a shared beach chair in each other arms; talking, kissing, and cuddling. She did most of the talking I mostly listened and watched the fluffy clouds and blue pristine waves. Eventually, we had to go inside the yacht to the living room area, she started complaining about the sun. It's the first time I've ever heard someone swear at the sun in so many different languages.

Though she is originally from Moscow, her family has been living in Cyprus for the last few years. A Mediterranean island with a semi-tropical climate. I asked what she did about the sun during the summer and she looked at me like I was daft. She leaves for the summer to places like...France.

She's not going to be happy visiting me. It's always sunny. Three hundred days a year to be precise. I'm not going to break the news to her, she might decide to break it off with me. But I only have one more year of high school anyway and then I can move wherever. France is growing on me, maybe I'll move here.

Apollo's chef served an early dinner around five. We didn't sit together as a group. They ate outside on the deck by the jacuzzi. Charli and I ate inside just off one of the decks. What's the point of sharing a yacht together if we weren't going to hang out? I just couldn't. I couldn't watch them together it would eat me up inside.

I've also decided I will move out of Ari's apartment. Charli and I talked about it and she wants me to stay with her. It makes sense. I can avoid having to see them together and vice versa. And it also keeps me from doing stupid things like walking in on Ari while she is taking a shower. I don't trust myself around her.

I'm also thinking of staying in Paris a little longer with Charli. I have the money. And school doesn't start for a couple of months. The only thing I have to worry about is my mother's ire but how much more could I really upset her? I was already in trouble.

She'd thought I'd drown in France without her but it turns out I'm floating quite well. In fact, on a luxury yacht. Jokes on her.

The yacht was supposed to head back at six and make port at eight. But as the yacht was heading back it stopped suddenly. When I asked Apollo about it, he said the Captain was sick. And when I asked about the back-up, the first officer, he said he was sick with the same thing as the Captain.

We are all going to die!

It's the plot of every rich kid horror movie. We're stranded in the middle of the ocean surrounded by Jaws, pirates, and evil mermaids. The sick Captain and first officer have actually been infected with an unknown contagion and are in the process of zombifying. And I'm the nobody guest! I'll be the first to die or disappear mysteriously!