35 - Holy Guacamole! - pt. 2

Chapter Thirteen continued

I wake up to a dimly lit room and stare up at the ceiling

Early morning light is streaming in through panel like windows. And the rising sun's rays are reflecting shimmery patterns on to the walls and ceiling.

For a moment I'm discombobulated, and I've forgotten where I am. Then last night floods into my mind and then panic courses through me. The last time we'd fallen to sleep together she'd gone. Is she going be here next to me, or will she have left again?

I take a deep breath and turn my head. Her face is next to mine. Her dark hair is sprawled across the pillows and down her back. The white sheets are tangled around her naked body and she has a leg draped over my waist. Perhaps she'd thought I'd leave as well.

I'm afraid to move and wake her. This moment is perfect, and I want to watch her sleep. I can stare at her in peace without her intense gaze making my stomach do summersaults. And it's not weird if she doesn't know I'm doing it.

Her breath is quiet and even. She looks different when she sleeps. Expressionless, peaceful, and as beautiful as ever. Her face is flushed from sleep and her lips plump and pink. I want to kiss her.

So, I kiss her.

I press my lips to hers and gently part her mouth with my tongue. Her breathing changes and then her lips begin moving with mine. She slides her hands across my hips and hugs me close. I break this kiss and stare at her. She's smiling and I can't help but my smile back.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty," I say.

She cringes and groans, "You're such a dork." 

I roll my eyes. "Close your eyes."

She raises an eyebrow curiously but then closes them again. I lean in and kiss her again. Slower more sensual. I grab the thigh she'd thrown over me. I slide my leg between hers and pull her tight against me. Then message my leg against her. She moans in my mouth. My heart skips and the butterflies have lost their minds again. I drag my lips from hers. She's biting her lip and staring at my mouth.