14 - Et Tu, Brute? - pt. 3

Chapter Six  Continued

 Charli grins and struts through

I observe her from the door. She is wearing an oversized grey shirt and black leggings. I could never pull off big shirts without looking like a tent. On her, it works. Her shirt is riding up, sitting on the curve of her...

She turns to look at me.

"Are you coming or what?"

I nod my head and walk through the door. She insists we take the tiny elevator. The last time I was in here it was with someone else pressed against me. Now Charli is. Her eyes are glued to me. She is staring at my lips. Is she going to kiss me?

My panic is rising. I've made a mistake. I shouldn't have invited her upstairs. I'd wanted to hang out, Netflix and Chill. Is she expecting more? I don't know if there is anything more I can give.

The bell rings.

I slip out before the doors are fully open. I walk to the door and fumble with keys. I try to insert the key into the lock but drop them all. I pick them back up and try again.

"Do you need help?" Charli asks.

She is standing patiently next to me. There are only three keys on my keyring. I'd been flipping through the same three for the last minute. I'm panicking. I've invited a beautiful, sexy, and forward girl up to my apartment.

Is anyone else panicking?

I slid the key into the lock. I open the door and peer inside. It's empty. I knew it would be. Aurora wouldn't be back for another day or two. Part of me had been hoping she'd come home early. I wish she'd been waiting for me inside.

Charli steps through the door and looks around. She kicks off her shoes. Her bare feet pad onto the tile and then onto the plush carpet in the living room. I remove my own shoes and walk over to her. She is gazing out the window.

"The sunset will be beautiful from here," Charli says.

I note the sunset isn't for another few hours.