27 - I'm the Villain - pt 1.

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The next morning, I wake up to an almost completely dark room

A bit of morning light is streaming underneath my bedroom door. I can smell coffee and I need it. My date with Charli had been an all-nighter and I could use a pick me up. And it also means Ari is awake. I want to talk to her. I have several unanswered questions.

I carefully ease my weight of the bed and walk over to my door. I peer out. Ari is in the kitchen standing over the coffee pot. I gently close the door behind me.

She glances up when I approach. Our eyes meet and she looks away. I sit down at the counter stool and watch her. Ari is wearing a flimsy pajama top, noticeably without a bra. She reaches up into the cabinet. Her shirt rises revealing her mid-drift and her jeweled belly ring. I avert my gaze and scrutinize my fingernails.

She places two mugs on the counter, then pours coffee from the pot into each cup. I continue staring at her when she turns to retrieve flavored creamer out of the fridge.

I want to know why'd she'd done it. But I don't know where to start. I'm having a hard time finding the words. As it's kind of embarrassing and a sensitive subject for me. It's not like I can say "So remember last night when you were finger banging me, why did you do it?"

Ari sighs and says without meeting my gaze, "For the same reasons you let me."

Then she pours the creamer into one of the cups. It doesn't surprise me she's guessed what I'm thinking. I'm staring, possibly sulking. I'm being obvious or at least obvious to her.

I contemplate her words. I know my reasons why, but it's not possible hers are the same as mine. I did it because...

"I don't think so," I say.

She shrugs then scoops sugar into the cup she's presumably preparing for me. She practically drinks her right out of the pot.

"Why can't you be straight with me for once?" I ask.

The corner of her mouth twitches, "Because I'm not straight."

Normally, I'd laugh but I'm annoyed. I huff and rolls my eyes.