31 - 21 Questions - pt.2

Chapter Twelve continued

I hadn't changed before I left

I hadn't changed before I left. Apollo was adamant about leaving right away. So, I showed up to a superyacht in coffee-stained pajamas and an old t-shirt. The master suite which looked like it came out of some four-season high-end hotel had a full bathroom. It was modern, sleek, and sadly the nicest shower I'd ever taken. His boat had better water pressure and style than mine back home.

It's a nice boat. And after Charli scrutinized all three decks she shrugged and agreed. I'm starting to get why Ari might have chosen this particular...boat over me. A better term would be a luxury floating hotel.

Because it was only four of us, leaving port for half-day, and on short notice, Apollo had apologized profusely. He said it was essentially staffed only. Meaning his Captain, a first officer, chief engineer, and one stewardess. Oh yeah, and his personal chef. The essentials.

Once I shower, I put on the swimsuit Charli bought me. The word swimsuit is debatable. It's string, a string in the back that's nothing more than cheek floss. The floss loops up to the front to meet more string and a small triangular bit of fabric. And then the second red strip of red fabric runs along my chest and covers only a third of my breasts. 

I have no clue what Charli had been thinking when purchasing it for me. She definitely wasn't thinking with her head. I put the so-called cover-up on, in hopes of helping my predicament. No such luck. It's see-through.

It's a giant joke. Charli is messing with me. Ha-ha let's see if I can get her to walk around naked. It's at the top of my list of dorkiest things I've ever done, but I put my stained pajama pants back on. I look ridiculous but jokes on Charli.

I step out onto the deck to join them at an umbrellaed table. Charli looks me up and down, her eyes landing on my pajama bottoms. And then she grins. I stick my tongue out at her. But her smile only grows bigger.

Then my eyes land on Ari. She stoically inspects my practically naked torso, like she's observing an interesting book or intricate painting. Then her eyes rise to meet mine and I feel my face growing hot. I quickly sit down next to Charli and cross my arms over my chest. Charli scoots her chair closer to mine, and her arm brushes me.