25 - idky... - pt.3

Chapter Ten continued...

The closer Charli gets the more I feel myself falling apart

I don't know why...

"Excuse me," I mumble.

I turn and slip into my bedroom then close the door behind me. I need more time to pull it together. I'm not exactly sure what happened a moment ago. There's a veil of fog over my thoughts, my mind feels as if it's slogging through a muddy swamp.

What had happened? What had I done?

I can still feel her lips on my mouth and her hands between my legs. And an aching yearning for her I shouldn't have, especially moments before going out with Charli. I lean back against my door and take several deep breaths.

A warm drop of...my previous indiscretion trickles down my leg. I stare at it.

There's a knock on my door.

"J-just a second," I call.

I hurry over to the sink and turn on the faucet. I grab the washcloth but then stop when I catch a reflection of at myself in the mirror. Again, I don't recognize the person staring back at me. This is not good. This is not me. At least it didn't use to be.

"What am I going to do?" I mumble to myself.

I wash myself, then check and fix my makeup. I'm stalling. I'm afraid to step out that door. I'm afraid of the confrontation. And I'm angry. Angry at myself and furious at Ari.

She'd done it on purpose. I know she did. And worst I don't know if she did it to hurt me or if she did it because she loves me. It's what makes me the angriest because I can't tell the difference. And I have no clue what I'm going to do about it.

There's another knock.

I inhale and exhale one last time before opening my bedroom door.

They're speaking in Russian. My ears aren't accustomed to the sounds they're making, and all the syllables are blending together, and the words sound clipped. I can't tell if they're having a civil conversation about the weather or if they're at blows and going to war.

They're postures look relaxed enough. Charli is standing by my door with her back turned to me. And Ari is casually leaning against the kitchen counter with her arms crossed.

Ari looks up at me when she notices I've entered the room. Her stare is confusing. It's full of passion and...sex. The familiar heat is building in my stomach and I avert my eyes.

Charli turns to me and smiles.

"I'm early," She says. "I thought we could go for a drive before dinner."

Her tone is casual and relaxed. It throws me off, it's not what I'd expected. I'd been expecting yelling, screaming, and drama. Could she not see what I'd done all over my face? Is it possible she doesn't know?