26 - idky... - pt. 4

Chapter Ten continued...

He pulls his arms from around her waist but then possessively wraps his arm around her shoulders

He pulls his arms from around her waist but then possessively wraps his arm around her shoulders. It's infuriating. I try to push back the jealousy, but I can't. Watching him touch her, makes me want to frisk Charli for her knife. I bet she does have it.

I'm not joking, I'm quite serious.

I'm not a violent person but I'm boiling up on the inside. I'm seeing red at the edge of my vision. My heart is racing and I want to claw his eyes out. I've never felt this much jealousy and hate before all at once. It's red coals and a sizzling steel poker in my gut. I believe it's because of what she'd just done to me.

My body remembers. I can taste her lips, feels her touch on me and in me. I smell the sweetness of her skin and hair. I can hear our panting breaths mixing together. And I can still see the expression on her face while she was making me hers.

My hands are shaking. My entire body must be vibrating, and the angry tears are coming. I just might lose it. Charli grabs hold of my hand. I look down at her, she's not looking at me, but she squeezes. It's soothing and somehow dampens the heat.

I force myself to release a shaky breath.

Apollo smiles at me.

"You look lovely." And then his eyes switch to Charli. "And you are very lucky. Your girlfriend is magnificent."

I smile at him, "Thanks, I am lucky."

I'm not dumb enough to clarify his assumption, I'm learning, and it doesn't really matter. But my eyes flick to Ari. She is staring at Charli. She has her mask up, a blank expression that shows not a lick of emotion. I wonder what she is thinking?

"Your English is improving," I note.

It's the only thing I could come up with. I have to be polite to Apollo because the alternative is to lose myself.

"Oh, thank you much." He says with a smile, then he pulls Ari closer to him. "I have the best teacher."

I've seen enough.

I turn to Charli who is watching them both closely.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Uh-huh," She says.

"One moment please," Apollo speaks. "Would you two care to join us tomorrow? I am taking the yacht out again. Ari and I would enjoy the company."

Ari steps on his foot. He winces and mutters under his breath.

"Mes Bolvaints..."

She doesn't want us to go with them. I don't know what his Bolvaints are but I don't want to go on his yacht anyway.

"N..." I start.

"Yes, we'd love to," Charli speaks over me.

I look over at her in surprise.

"I want to go," She shrugs.

I nod my head. It doesn't matter. She probably won't want to go with me tomorrow anyway.

"Cool, I will pick you up at eleven," He says, "It is what you Americans say...going to be litty."

And then he pumps his hand up like he is raising an invisible roof.

Nope.

I shake my head, I don't approve of his usage. Charli, however, starts laughing. I stare at her like she's lost her mind.

She grins at me. "What? It was cute?"

I don't say anything but walk out of the apartment pulling her out with me.

"You kids have fun," Charli calls behind us. "Don't do anything I wouldn't... never mind! Do exactly what I wouldn't do!"

"Charli..." I groan.

"What? That girl needs a good fu-..."

"Charli!" I shout.

It's uncalled for, especially after what I've just done, but I can't help it. I can't stand her finishing the sentence and putting a visual of Ari and Apollo together.

"Okay, okay, chill." She groans. "And say it don't spray it."

It's too late.

What were they going to do alone in that apartment? Eat ice cream together? Maybe watch a movie? No, I don't think that's the plan. I'm not so naive. And what's worse is it's my fault, I'd insisted. She might've been lying and now...It's only that we'd just...and she's going to...I feel like crying. No, I feel far worse. I feel like dyin...

"Hey," Charli squeezes my hand. "Are you okay?"

I'm not okay.

I smile at her. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She presses her arm against mine. "Are you sure?"

It wouldn't be fair to unload on her. It's not like I deserve her comfort or her kindness. If I'm completely honest with myself, this is the way I'd wanted it. I thinks it's why I'd given in to Ari so easily. I'd wanted my first time with a girl to be with Ari, it's why I'd been hesitant with Charli. Which is dumb, it means nothing. And I've already had sex before. It's not like it matters. And it clearly doesn't matter to her.

"Yeah," I say.

Charli smiles at me, then she presses the elevator button.

"Then I guess it's up to me to make sure you're more than just fine." She says and steps in the tiny elevator. Then she holds her hand out to me.

I take her waiting hand and step inside.

TBC...Chapter Eleven

I was reading your comments and the story was getting too predictable. I've made a creative and executive decision that may or may not blow up in my face. I'm ending the chapter early and feeding you this tiny part so no one misses the revision. I may switch this back later if it's a disaster.