18. saturday, december 2003

Alex woke up the next day in the living room of Joanna's house. How did he end up there? He was meant to be going back to Matt's. With a groan, he rolled over to see the floor. He was on the floor.

"What." He said out loud but as soon as he spoke, his head started to pound. He let out another groan and closed his eyes again.

"Morning, Al." Someone said. He opened his eyes to see Nick hovering over him which made him laugh for some reason.

"Why am I still here?" He asked. Nick shrugged.

"After we decided to form the band, we celebrated and whatever Miles gave us made us go loopy." He laughed, holding out a hand to help him up. Alex allowed him to pull him up to a sitting position so that he could see that everyone else was still passed out.

"What?" Alex asked, completely baffled. "What band? I don't remember anything." He groaned but then a memory hit him of getting off with Joanna and he smiled. "Well not past a certain point." He added. Nick smirked, knowing all about it.

"Yeah, your girlfriend's in the kitchen making tea." Nick answered him before sitting on the sofa and sighing.

"She's not my girlfriend" he muttered, pulling himself up and walking to the kitchen.

Just like Nick said, Joanna was in the kitchen making tea for everyone. Alex walked in awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. He just wanted a cup of tea if he was honest.

"Hey." He smiled, leaning on the kitchen island. She was pouring milk into the mugs when she noticed him.

"Morning. Feeling okay?" She asked. He shrugged.

"Head hurts like a bitch." He sighed. She laughed slightly before handing him a cup of tea. Her tiny body moved over to the cupboards and pulled out a box of Neurofen.

"Here." She slid it over. He stared into her eyes for a moment as he took the tablets.

"Thanks." He replied. She shrugged as if it were nothing and walked to take the other cups of tea from the counter. Alex moved around it before she could take them, he put his hand on the back of her neck and kissed her softly. She seemed taken aback but reciprocated nonetheless.

"Couldn't get enough, eh?" She smirked as he pulled back. He sipped his tea with a shrug before taking another and walking to the living room. Joanna giggled from behind.

Luna had now joined everyone in the living room. Alex decided to give his extra cup of tea to her as she was nearest. She smiled up at him so he sat next to her.

"Have a good night, Al?" She asked. He nodded.

"You? I didn't really see you all night." He pointed out. She looked away and sipped her tea.

"Not bad." She ran her hand through her hair and he watched as she revealed her darkening roots. "What time are you in work today?" She asked. Alex's eyes widened, he forgot he had work.

"Fuck. I'm in at twelve. What time is it now?" He asked. She looked down at her watch and smiled.

"It's nine thirty. You've got plenty of time. I'm in at ten thirty though so I'm going home to get changed." She stood up and kissed his cheek before making her way to the kitchen to tell Joanna she was leaving.

"See you later." He called, she popped her head back in.

"I'll miss you." She grinned, he chuckled and waved as she slammed the front door behind her.

"You're getting all the birds, aren't you Al?" Matt teased as he sipped the tea Joanna had brought it as Luna had left. Joanna walked back in with the next round of tea and Alex shook his head. Everyone had woken up by now or was waking up.