7. thursday, october 2003

Alex woke up with a start. His whole body jumped as he seemed to fall out of sleep. Eyes wide, he looked around and saw Luna laying next to him. He tried to move but his back hurt from sleeping on the floor.

"Fuck." He groaned, pulling himself up. His clock read six am, his mum would be getting up for work any minute. He looked at Luna to wake her up but she just looked so beautiful. How was he going to explain this to his mum?

Standing up, he put away all the illegal substances just in case and stretched his back out.

He opened his bedroom door and crept along the hallway to see if he could hear anything from the bathroom. His mum always went straight to the shower in the morning.

"Alex?" Her voice asked, coming out from her bedroom in a dressing. "Darlin, what are you doing up so early?" She wondered. Her eyes travelled to his bedroom door which was open, she saw someone's foot. "Is there someone in your room?" She asked, stepping forwards.

"I can explain." He held out his hands. "My friend, Luna. You don't know her but she had a fallout with her sister last night and called me. She slept on the floor mum, I promise and I just wanted to be a good friend to her." He rambled.

"And you made her sleep on the floor?" His mum looked at him angrily. He wasn't expecting her to pick up on that.

"Well, she couldn't sleep with me." He pointed out. "She has a boyfriend." He added to try and push the idea that nothing happened between them further. His mum didn't care though.

"I thought I'd raised you better than that, Alex. You should've given up your bed." She shook her head. "I'm having a shower. Send her over to me when she wakes up." She advised. Alex nodded, sheepishly turning around and going back into his room.

Alex laid on his bed until he heard Luna stir, then he stood up and pretended to look through his chest of drawers.

"Fuck, I fell asleep." Luna moaned, she hadn't planned on staying over. She was going to go over to Joanna's afterwards and stay there but now she was still at Alex's with no fresh clothing, no toothbrush and a bad back.

"Uh, yeah." Alex turned to her, scratching his head. "If my mum asks, you had a fight with your sister and I helped you out." He explained. Luna smirked.

"Aren't you the hero?" She teased, standing up. Alex scoffed.

"Hardly, She scolded me for allowing you to sleep on the floor." He shook his head and Luna smiled.

"I like your mum." She decided, still stretching.

"Good, because she wants to talk to you. She's downstairs." He shrugged, not thinking anything of it but Luna's eyes widened.

"What the fuck, Alex? I can't meet your mum looking like this." She motioned to herself but Alex didn't see anything wrong with it.

"Relax, I reckon she just wants to give you some clothes to wear or summat." He was weirdly relaxed around her, she wasn't used to it. "I'm gonna have a shower." He announced before leaving the room.

Luna rolled her eyes and walked out of his bedroom and downstairs.

Penny Turner was making toast when Luna knocked on the kitchen door. She turned around to see a beautiful young girl standing there and smiled.

"You must be Luna. Tea?" She offered. Luna stood awkwardly in the doorway.

"Oh, Yes please." She said politely, walking forwards and taking a mug that Penny pointed to.

"So, are you alright love? Alex mentioned you had had an argument with your sister?" Penny didn't quite believe the story but also assumed that Alex wouldn't have told her at all that Luna was here if something had happened between them.