85. wednesday, january 2017

Alex and Luna rejoined the party once again, ready to tell all their friends. He hadn't let go of her once, just in case she managed to slip away again. Luna kept looking at her hand until he squeezed her hip, ripping her attention away from it.

"Harry and Miles are over there." He nodded to a sofa where they were crying with laughter over something. Luna broke out into a smile but then panicked.

"Wait." She put her hand on his chest and pushed him back. "Let me tell Harry first." Alex furrowed his eyebrows but knew this was not the time to argue with her.

"Okay. Can I tell Miles?" He asked. She nodded, leaning forwards and giving him a soft kiss. He pulled her towards him and deepened the kiss which made her smile. "I'll go and grab him and then you take Harry." He winked.

Luna took a step back and watched him as he made his way over to the two boys. She wanted to see how Harry was going to react at the sight of him. His face dropped that's for certain.

"Hey" Alex sighed, slightly nervous walking over to them. Harry's face dropped a million miles south which didn't surprise him.

"Al! Where've you been?" Miles beamed. He tried to suppress his smile but physically couldn't.

"About." He replied vaguely. "Miles, can I talk to you for a sec?" He nodded his ahead away from them. Miles looked at Harry who shrugged, avoiding eye contact with Alex.

"Sure." He pushed himself up off the sofa and followed Alex outside. Alex looked back at Luna and winked, she smiled and approached Harry.

"Hey." She breathed, collapsing next to him. Harry slowly turned his head to her and read her body language.

"You were with him weren't you?" Harry assumed. Luna put her hand under her leg so he didn't see the ring.

"What?" She acted dumb. He raised his eyebrows.

"I just saw Alex. He looked surprisingly okay." He told her. Luna bit her lip and sighed. "I'm guessing you have something to do with it." He stared at her, seeing right through her. She had been carrying her sadness with her on her sleeve and now she had tucked it away for another time. He could see right through her.

"We talked." She nodded. "It went okay." she shrugged.

"So why are you here with me?" He wondered. "And why is he with Miles?" He added. Luna wiggled her hand under her leg and knew she just had to say it.

"Because I wanted to tell you alone that he proposed." She said to him, staring him dead in the eye. Harry's expression hardened, she could see the inner conflict in his eyes.

"Is that what will make you happy?" He asked. She pulled out her hand and his eyes fell to it, finally seeing the ring.

"He makes me happy. You know that." She replied. He picked up her hand and looked at the ring on her finger.

"Okay" he sighed. "Congratulations, Lu." He broke into a proper smile that warmed her heart.

"Really?" She asked. He kissed her hand and squeezed it.

"If you say you want it and this time you mean it." He raised his eyebrows, referring to her first engagement. "Then I'm happy for you. If there's anyone I trust with my whole heart to make you happy, it's him." He smiled. Luna wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him.

"Thank you." She said as they hugged.

Outside, Miles had got Alex a drink and was waiting for whatever he had on his mind.

"Have you seen her tonight?" He asked. Alex leant against the bar and smirked.

"Matter of fact I have." He couldn't help it, the thought of her made him grin too widely.