20. 6th january, 2004

It took Luna, Matt and Joanna every day after the rehearsal to plan Alex's surprise birthday. He had become suspicious why they were always tip toeing around him but he never questioned it.

Alex stayed over at Matt's the night before which wasn't hard to get him to do since they've been having sleepovers since they were eight.

"Hey, can I come round? I think I left my sticks at your house" he asked. Alex gave him a funny look as he got changed.

"When did you bring your sticks to mine?" He asked. Matt shrugged.

"They have to be somewhere. Might as well have a look." He suggested. Alex nodded. Matt hit him on the shoulder. "Happy birthday by the way." He smiled. Alex smiled back shyly.

"Thanks mate." He replied, picking up his stuff and walking out of their room.

Alex and Matt exited his house into the cold air and shivered together. They hopped over the wall and Matt pushed past him to get to the door. Alex didn't even question it, as usual.

Matt opened the door and they walked in. He suddenly turned towards him and grinned.

"What?" He finally questioned. Matt opened the door to the kitchen/dining room and everyone jumped out at them.

"Surprise!" Everyone screamed. Alex's eyes widened at the sight of all of his friends and his parents in one room. "Happy birthday, Alex!" They said in unison. Penny pressed play on a speaker and pop music started to play.

"What?" He laughed, looking at Matt. Matt tapped him on the shoulder but Alex pulled him into a hug.

"Wasn't me. This was Joanna and Luna." He said. Alex looked at the girls in disbelief.

"Mostly Jo." Luna pointed out. Joanna ran up to Alex and threw her arms around his neck. He squeezed her tightly.

"Happy birthday." She whispered against his neck, licking up by his ear and sending shivers through his spine. Giving her an extra squeeze, they let go of each other and everyone walked towards him.

"Happy birthday, mate." The boys all said as they patted him loosely.

"Happy birthday." Kate hugged him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Then Miles bound towards him and attacked him, causing him to laugh loudly.

"Happy birthday!" He squeezed him. Alex closed his eyes and squeezed him back before looking at the final person to speak.

"Happy birthday." Luna smiled her beautiful smile. Alex would've been happy if she had just smiled at him, thats all he needed. But she wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his chest nonetheless.

"Thank you, Lu." He sighed, enjoying her scent while it was close.

"Okay! Presents!" Joanna beamed as Luna let go. Alex became embarrassed all of a sudden at the thought of opening presents in front of everyone.

The boys had all chipped in together and got him a guitar strap and a new mic stand (that was really for the band but it was an excuse to buy one).

They brought it in and it was clear what it was. That didn't mean that Alex was any less excited when he opened it. He yanked the paper off to reveal a guitar case, his face lit up as he opened it up and saw a new electric guitar.