91. monday, february 2017

It was weird for Alex, having to live alone while he was in LA. Every morning he had to remind himself where he was and why Luna wasn't next to him. It was a feeling he did not want to get used to. He texted her that he was awake and did his normal routine of showering and getting ready.

When he stepped out of the shower, he saw his phone light up and realised Luna had called him. He quickly called her back and put it on speaker so he could get ready and talk at the same time.

"Hey." Her voice rang through the phone. "Did you just wake up?" She asked.

"Yeah. I have an interview today with Alexandra since her albums out in a few. It's been mixed and everything so it's very exciting." He told her as he pulled on some jeans.

"And then it's our anniversary on Sunday." She reminded him. Alex stopped getting ready and broke into a grin.

"God, what's it been now like six years?" He teased, practically envisioning her rolling her eyes at him.

"Will you be back by then?" She ignored his joke. There was a silence on his end which undoubtedly gave her her answer. That was one sacrifice Luna knew she had to make with Alex, the fact that he might not be there for birthdays or anniversary's.

"I'm sorry babe." He sighed, knowing she would be let down.

"It's fine. I get it. We'll do something when you get back." She tried to sound like she wasn't bothered but she couldn't help. They had been together for a couple of her birthdays now and he hadn't been there for the majority. She was lucky he made it to their one year.

"I'm going to wine and dine you so good baby." He tried to make up for it.

"Well I'd hope so." Alex put her on the dresser and started to do his hair. "Al, I have to go. I have a meeting with the contractors." She told him.

"Okay. I miss you." He said to the phone.

"I miss you too and..." she paused dramatically. He raised his eyebrows waiting for what she was about to say. "I love you." She sighed as if she had never told him before. He chuckled at her delivery.

"I love you too. See you soon." He answered before hanging up.

Walking downstairs, he realised how quiet the house was. How had he lived alone for so long? It felt wrong that he couldn't yell out a question and it be answered immediately by a voice in the house somewhere. He needed to get home as soon as possible.

Stepping out of house, a strong gust of heat hit him in the face. That's why he had stayed here so long before, the weather had always been his source of happiness. The sun always put him in a good mood regardless of what was going on his life.

He drove to meet Alexandra a good half an hour before the interview as they had agreed so they could talk about what they were going to say and Alex could practically beg her to answer most of the questions.

He hummed to himself and tapped the steering wheel, looking at himself in the rear view mirror and realising his beard was starting to grow quite significantly. How could he have forgotten to shave?

"Hello." He grinned a Alexandra as he got out of his car to her standing on the pavement. They hugged before entering the cafe together. "How are you feeling?" He wondered.

"Nervous but i have faith that you wouldn't produce shit" she spoke candidly which Alex appreciates.

"I try not to." They got a coffee each and sat down by a window. "So, who's doing this interview?" He asked.

They discussed how they would phrase things. Alexandra agreed to do most of the speaking but warned Alex that they would probably ask questions directly at him which he knew.