67. monday, july 2016

Luna fumbled with her keys, still not used to the multiple locks on Alex's house. She managed to unlock it and kick the door open, dragging her bags in with her.

"Honey! I'm home!" She yelled sarcastically, slamming the door behind her. The sound of footsteps thudded throughout the upstairs of the house above her. Alex appeared at the top of the stairs and ran down so fast he almost slipped on the marble staircase.

"Hey" he grinned, sliding across the floor in his socks and pinning her against the door. "How was your day?" She places her hands on his hips, running her fingers under his t shirt to caress his skin.

"Ordinary." She replied, "yours?" He pushed his body against hers, clearly he missed her throughout the day.

"Extraordinary." He said with wild eyes. Luna squeezed his skin in excitement.

"Oh yeah? How comes?" She wondered as his hips pressed against hers and started circling.

"Miles and I have to go back on tour next week. Bittersweet." He concluded. "Unless you want to come with?" He asked. Luna moved her hands from his hips to his neck, slithering around his neck and into his hair.

"I can't." She whined, frustrated with herself that she can't be there with him. The one thing she promised herself she would do was find a bakery to open as soon as she got to London. It had been three weeks since she had moved in with Alex and so far nothing.

"Is there anything I can do to convince you to come?" He asked, pushing his lips against her neck softly and started to kiss lightly.

"I can't. I want to but I need to get my life together here before I run off somewhere else." She explained, trying to keep it together as he sucked on her skin. "Alex." She whined but it came out more of a sigh. His head emerged from her neck and he stared into her eyes, they looked nervous.

"Just promise you'll be here when I get back." He requested, his voice quivered slightly which confused Luna. Why did he look so scared? Why wouldn't she be there?

Alex chewed on his lip as she raised her eyebrows at him. He was so cocky and confident only moments ago and now he looked like he could break if you spoke too quickly.

"What? Of course I'll be here." As she spoke she suddenly realised why he looked so scared. Clearly he had had someone not be there when he returned from tour. She brought a hand to his face and stroked his cheek slightly with her thumb.

"Promise?" He asked. She nodded and he let out a sigh of relief through his nose, leaning forward and kissing her lightly.

He leant down and picked up her bags before walking through the hall to the kitchen. What an odd encounter, Luna thought. She followed him cautiously as he placed the bags on the kitchen island and unpacked the food within them.

"Are you gonna tell me who left you while you were on tour?" She leant her elbows on the counter top and rested her head in her palms, watching him put away the food in the fridge in order to pretend he was too busy.

"Alexa." He mumbled but she heard. Her ears pricked up and she stood up straight at the sound.

"Alexa?" She asked in disbelief. Neither of them had seen Alexa in a long time since she was so busy and they had both been in Paris.

"Yeah but I kind of saw it coming. We weren't on good terms when I left for tour and I guess it was a good time to leave but still...coming home to an empty apartment wasn't exactly ideal." He explained, shrugging it off. "It was so long ago." He ran a hand through his hair and then continued to put stuff away.

"I promise I won't do that." She let him know. "We aren't on bad terms though so you have nothing to worry about." She pointed out. He picked up some celery and paused.