47. wednesday, july 2014

Luna stood staring at her bakery. It used to be her dads, now it was hers and now she was leaving. She still owned it, even though she had passed down the management position to Carla. It was all hitting her at once, she was getting on a train to Paris in five hours.

She pushed the door open, hearing the bell go off and that would ring every morning as she unlocked it. Carla was standing behind the counter, sorting our rotas for the week. Her head raised at the sound of the bell and her face dropped.

"Are you off?" Carla asked, her eyes were sad. Luna nodded, walking directly towards her and wrapped her arms around her. Luna's things had been sent over already so all she had to take was a suitcase.

"Take good care of my baby." She requested, referring to the bakery. Carla squeezed her tightly, swaying her side to side.

"Come and visit even if it's just for a weekend. I'll keep you updated professionally through e-mails obviously but I still want to talk as friends." She smiled sadly as they pulled apart. Luna nodded.

"Of course. I want all the gossip from round here." She instructed. Carla sighed and looked down at the floor.

"Wow. I can't believe you're doing it. I'm so happy for you." She grinned. Luna felt like crying, she was terrified of going.

The bell chimed again and their heads turned to the figure in the doorway. Harry appeared in the bakery to remind her that they had to get a move on. He had come home so their mum could have a final dinner with her three children before driving Luna to London so she could get the train to Paris.

"Okay okay, I'm coming." She said to him. He nodded, waiting at the door. "Okay. Say goodbye to the other girls for me, I've left things for them in their pigeon holes." She told Carla before hugging her again and making her way to Harry.

He wrapped his arm around her and walked her out of the Bakery. Luna shed a small tear, she didn't know when she would be back. Obviously she had to run the business still but she now that she was running it from another country and had someone else managing it, it wasn't the same.

They got in Harry's car and sat there for a moment. Luna took a deep breath and then turned her head to him. He licked his lips and sighed.

"Ready?" He asked. She nodded.

They drove with the radio on, some small talk and some deep chats about memories they had. It was about an hour in when Luna told him about how Alex had come back and confessed his love for her.

"Jesus Christ. Isn't it crazy how you've literally had such a deep effect on his man and you didn't even mean to." He commented. Luna thought about it for a moment.

"I mean he's had an effect on me too. He was the one person I really didn't want to leave when I moved to Manchester and I hadn't even known him that long. With people like you, I knew I'd speak and see you, you're my brother but with him it was like, I knew it could mean I never saw him again and I wasn't ready for that." She expressed. Harry nodded.

"Well, I cant believe he's still in love with you." He sighed, "I mean you're not that special." He teased. Luna tapped him playfully to tell him off.

"Ugh, Paris couldn't have come at a better time." She sighed as she tied her hair up. Harry chuckled.

"Come on, Luna. Just give the poor boy a chance. He's made some mistakes but can you blame him? He's a rich and famous rockstar trying to impress a bakery owner. It's gonna be hard." He was speaking light-heartedly but Luna was absorbing it all.

"It's complicated." She mumbled.

"Yeah but anyone you date now you're always going to be wondering about what if I dated Alex? Just do it already. If it fails it fails but at least you gave him a chance" He continued. Luna rested her head against the window and stayed silent.

"After Paris." She replied. Harry didn't reply.

They drove in silence for about thirty minutes longer before Harry brought up another memory that swerved the conversation back to a comfortable ride.

When they reached London St Pancreas, Harry got her suitcase out of the car while she put her backpack on. He shut his boot and sighed, his twin sister was moving to another country.

"Have fun. Call often. Be good." He instructed. Luna grinned, attacking him in a hug and squeezing him tightly.

"Thanks for everything, Harry. I'll come back for weekends, we'll go on night outs. You'll probably see me more often if anything." She mumbled.

"You sure you wanna go?" He teased. She punched his chest so he pinched her skin, causing her to yelp.

"Alright alright. I'll see you soon. Thanks for the lift." She punched his arm. He punched her back.

"No problem. Have a good time." He replied casually. "Oh, and call Turner." He yelled as she started wheeling away.

"Fuck off." She yelled back. He laughed but watched her walk into the station nonetheless. It was like a small part of him had moved away.

After 2 and a half hours on a train, Luna arrived in central Paris. She had to attempt to manoeuvre herself with the little french she had to her flat she had been given. The taxi driver was very nice to her, helping her with her bag and then taking the address with a smile at her effort to speak the language.

Her flat was quite far from the station but it meant that she got to see parts of Paris from the taxi window. She was in awe of the city, she had never been out of England before and here she was living in Paris.

The man dropped her off outside a large building that was attached to a lot of other large buildings. This was it. She had her suitcase, backpack and sunglasses and now she had her flat. She wheeled herself in and buzzed the number she believed to be the one of hers.

"Hello?" A british voice called down. Luna was shocked, she thought her roommate would be french.

"Hello? I'm Luna." She said slowly.

"Oh, yeah! Come up." She beamed. A buzzer sounded and the door unlocked.

Luna made her way up in the lift to the fifth floor and down the hall to end flat. She took a moment outside the door before knocking. The door swung open to reveal a young small woman that seemed not much younger than Luna.

"Luna Temple?" She asked, smiling.

"Jennifer Caldwell?" She retaliated. The girl nodded.

"It's so nice to meet you! Come in!" She was very energetic. "Oh and please call me, Jen." She added as Luna walked in and shut the door behind her.

"Okay." Luna smiled back.

"I've been here for about a month already. Your stuff came not long ago so I put it in your room which is that one on the left." She explained. Luna nodded. "Are you excited?"

"Yeah, yeah. Nervous though. Don't really know what to expect with classes and that and my French is pretty dismal." She laughed. Jen grinned.

"Are you from up north?" She asked. Luna laughed and nodded.

"Sheffield. Where abouts are you from?" She replied.

"Southend." She answered. Luna nodded.

"Yeah I know it. Your french any good?" She wondered.

"Absolutely shameful. We'll get through this together. Thank god they teach us in English right?" Luna smiled. Jen was just the right amount of bubbly.

"Honestly." She sighed. "Is it alright if I have a shower?" Jen chuckled.

"Perfectly alright. Do what you want in your en-suite." She told her. Luna raised her eyebrows and finally looked around.

The living area was quite small but they had a kitchen with a small island, facing a tv on the wall that was complimented by two long sofas placed in an l shape. There was a long corridor with two doors on either side, presumably the bedrooms.

"It's nice in here." She pointed out.

"It's going to be a good year." Jen grinned excitedly.