99. tuesday, october 2018

Arctic Monkeys had been on tour for a few months when Luna and Katie managed to organise a trip to Los Angeles, where Breana was currently residing. As expected, Alex had told the girls that they could stay at the house he owned there since it was just collecting dust at this point.

As soon as they reached the house, they threw their stuff down and got themselves ready to go and see Breana. They were both jet lagged and exhausted but they couldn't waste any time. Breana had already been dealing with this for too long without their support.

She didn't live that far away, clearly Alex and Matt had discussed what neighbourhood they were going to live in before both buying their houses. In a situation like this it was rather helpful as they decided they would just walk there and uber back.

"I know she has friends here, do you think they have been checking on her and taking her out. She hasn't posted anything on Instagram." Katie said as she looked down at her phone.

"I don't know." Luna was slightly nervous. She didn't know how to approach this situation, it had never happened to her or anyone around her before. After sending a brief text to Alex to tell him they were on their way to the house, they saw it at the end of the road.

"LA is still as hot as ever." Katie commented, fanning her face that was starting to sweat. Luna wiped some from her forehead and agreed.

They pressed on the doorbell located next to the large white door Luna had admired so many times. It was such a surreal moment, knowing they were about to discuss how Matthew Helders had cheated on someone.

Breana opened the door moments later, shocking the life out of them. She stood in a tight colourful swimsuit, a drink in her hand. Her hair was now bleach blonde and grown out so it was longer; long enough to curl it. Her eyes were covered by large black sunglasses, hiding any emotion she felt by the presence of the two girls. She looked beautiful.

"Oh my god." She burst in her American accent. The sight of the girls in front of her shocked her. "I wasn't expecting you this soon!" It was delight that sprung from her voice, thankfully. She opened her arms and the girls huddled into her.

"Bre, you look amazing." Katie complimented, looking her up and down again once they parted.

"Come in. Amelia's at her grandma's but I've invited a few other friends round for a pool party since the weathers so amazing." She informed them. Luna looked at Katie as they followed her into the house.

"So, how are you?" Katie asked. Luna looked around the house for any sign of Matt remaining but it seemed to have been wiped off the face of the earth. Wow.

"You mean after my husband cheated on me? Better, I suppose." She said nonchalantly. All they could do was nod in response. "At first, I was a wreck obviously but numerous phone calls with you two and my friends over here helped massively. Amelia helps as well, I just spend as much time with her as possible." She explained while making a drink for them both.

Luna had so many questions but she didn't know whether to ask or not. Breana seemed so over it already, maybe she would ask later.

"That's good, that you're not letting it affect you too much." Katie sympathised. Breana nodded.

"Well I know he hardly batted an eyelid at it so I can't be the one that loses it." She laughed slightly. Luna didn't know why she suddenly felt so defensive over Matt. He had done a terrible thing of course.

"That's not true." She finally spoke. "I think the guilt is eating him up." She admitted. It seemed to soothe Breana slightly, her shoulders relaxed an inch.

"Good. The worst part has definitely been not knowing what he's been doing or feeling. In my head he's frolicking around with every woman on the planet." She shrugged, sliding their drinks over to them. "Of course I know that's probably not the case but I can't help it. Come outside." She ushered them to her back door where the sun was penetrating.