60. friday, may 2015

Okay like I started this in August??? It's it's been like 3 months, that's 30 chapters every month that's like one chapter a day give or take. What am I doing with my time🤦🏻‍♀️ oh well I'm enjoying it and I hope you are too. Happy 60th chapter!

———————————————————————

Alex entered the dressing room with open arms. He hadn't seen his boys in such a long time. They cheered when he entered, standing up one by one and hugged him.

"How's it been over here, Al?" Matt asked, wrapping an arm around him as he sat next to him on the sofa. Alex rested his head on his shoulder for a moment.

"Brilliant, actually. I have to tell you guys something" he grinned. They all turned their heads to him, multiple eyebrows raised.

"Oh yeah?" Jamie smirked. Alex smirked back.

"I've been seeing someone while I'm here." He confessed. Matt squeezed him on the shoulder while the others cheered.

"That's great, Al. She promising?" Nick asked. Alex grinned widely which gave them their answer.

"Definitely." He confirmed. "You know her too." He added. They all pulled a face of confusion. "Luna Temple." He said finally. They all gasped.

"No way." Matt pulled his arm from him, repositioning himself so he can look Alex in the eye. "You're lying."

"I'm not. I told her I'd wait back in Sheffield but then I couldn't help myself when I knew we were in the same city. I found her." He was grinning like a mad man. It scared most of them.

"Well, shit. I'm surprised she gave you another chance." Matt sighed. Nick and Jamie nodded in agreement but Alex just shrugged.

"I'm redeeming myself." He smiled proudly. Jamie and Nick looked each other. None of them could quite decide whether this was a good thing or not. It had been years since they had properly spent time with Luna, they didn't know what she was like anymore.

"Is she coming tonight?" Jamie asked. Alex nodded, clapping his hands together. The only thing that reassured them about this was the fact that Alex looked so happy.

"Yep. I'm going to pick her up in about half an hour" he looked at his watch to make sure he wasn't late. Matt stared at Alex. He hadn't seen him like this since school.

"So, how's she doing?" He asked. Alex turned to him, the smile just wouldn't leave his face.

"She's fucking fantastic. She's taking these baking classes at a really established school here for patisserie maker people and then she's going to open up a bakery here like the one back home, maybe start a chain or sommat." He spoke a mile a minute. They all tried to hold onto what he was saying.

"Sounds great, Al" Nick smiled at him supportively.

"Yeah I'm pretty excited." He let out a deep breath and pulled out his cigarette. Matt bit his lip.

"Don't fuck it up this time." He said quietly to him. Alex looked him in the eye as he lit his cigarette and put it in his mouth.

"Trust me. Not this time. Not ever again." He winked. Matt took a deep breath and nodded, patting him on the shoulder.

"Okay." He nodded. "I'm glad you've got what you wanted, Al. You deserve it." He smiled. Alex grinned.

"I love her." He said quietly. "Like, a lot." Matt raised his eyebrows, not knowing what to make of this situation. Alex had been pining for her for years and years and he feared that he had romanticised it too much in his head for it to work.