41. monday, march 2014

Adam Wiseman was a thirty year old real estate agent from Leeds. He had a nuclear family, mum dad and a brother but his extended family was large due to his grandma's indecency. He had moved to Sheffield for work and had hated every moment of the city until he met Luna.

Luna was on a night out with the girls from the bakery when she met Adam. It wasn't long after Alex had dipped from her life and only Carla knew what had happened and how Luna had sworn off men for a while.

Once they met, it took Luna a long time to warm up to him. He showered her in adoration, gifts, compliments and nice days out until she finally started to show some warmth towards him. She never told him about Alex, had no intention to, he just assumed she had had a bad past with men and hated the band, Arctic Monkeys.

They moved pretty quickly once Luna started to trust him. They moved in together within six months and then a couple of months later, Adam popped the question. But, now Luna was going to Paris and Carla was the only one she could properly talk to.

"What's up hun?" Carla asked as they closed up the bakery. Luna put up the chairs on the tables and sighed.

"Its Paris" She confessed. "It's making me think about certain things" Carla raised her eyebrows and pulled herself up onto the counter top.

"What things? Not sure you should go?" She wondered. She shook her head definitively.

"No no. I am definitely going. It's just...Adam...and the bakery." She explained. Carla raised her eyebrows.

"Okay. I'll make coffee, you start. Start with Adam." Luna put down two chairs from a table and sat at one of them.

"I love him, obviously, he's my fiancé." She started. "But, he's not going to come to Paris with me and...the dream has always been to stay out there and open another bakery or come back to London and open one there. He doesn't want to do that" She explained as Carla placed a mug in front of her.

"So, are you planning on doing long distance?" She questioned. Luna shrugged.

"I think that's what he's assumed. I mean, he never stopped me from applying or expressed any problems with it but now I don't know how it will work." She sighed, sipping her warm coffee. Carla nodded, taking in all the information.

"Do you want to marry him?" She asked. Luna raised her eyebrows.

"Of course. Who else would I marry?" She answered. Carla chuckled slightly at her answer.

"Don't marry him just because you're approaching thirty and are panicking." She said rather harshly but Luna wasn't offended because she knew she was right. "Maybe Paris will be good for you. You can live frivolously" She suggested.

"Are you saying I should break up with him?" She asked. Carla held her coffee close to her lips but shook her head.

"I think you should tell him your doubts and together you can decide what's best for your relationship. Either way, don't give up your dream because you haven't got another one"

Adam was waiting for Luna to get home as she spoke to Carla. He was making dinner for the both of them as she was working late it seemed.

The chicken was almost done when the home phone started ringing. Adam assumed it was Luna calling to apologise for being late but what he didn't expect was for a man's voice to come through the phone.

"Luna?" The voice asked. Adam pulled a face. What man was calling Luna?

"No. Who is this?" He answered. There was silence on the other end.

"Does Luna live there?" The voice asked. Adam felt extremely protective, the voice was deep and from Sheffield.

"Yes. May I ask who is calling?" He asked again. There was a small sigh.

"And you live with her?" The voice assumed. Adam grunted slightly.

"Who wants to know?" He asked, angrily.

"An old friend" They replied before hanging up. Adam looked at the phone, wondering what on earth had just happened.

"Hey babe. Sorry I'm late" Luna yelled as she walked through the door. Adam walked into the hallway with the phone still in his hand.

"Someone just called for you" He let her know. She didn't think anything of it so she grabbed the phone and looked at the last number

"Did they say who they were? I don't recognise the number" She answered. He shrugged.

"An old friend, he said. He had a deep voice, sounded like he was from around here. Asked if I lived with you and then when I said yes he hung up" He recalled. Luna pulled a face but deep down she knew it was Alex.

"That's odd" She shrugged, putting the phone back on its base and walking through to their kitchen. She started unpacking all the leftovers from the week before she had brought home.

"Good day at work?" He asked. She nodded and kissed him quickly. "Some more stuff came for you from the Paris school" He pointed to them on the side.

"Ah, lovely" She stopped pulling food out and started to open her letters. Adam started to eat some cake in anticipation. "It's my accommodation. There's an address and a name; Jennifer Caldwell. That's my roommate." She explained, reading the words.

"You should look her up on Facebook" He suggested with a mouthful of cake. Luna stared at the writing and her heart became heavy.

"I think we need to talk about this" She said into the paper. Adam raised his eyebrows.

"About what?" He asked. She sighed.

"About the fact that I am moving to Paris for at least a year" She explained. Adam shook his head in shock.

"What do you mean 'at least a year?" He asked. "You're coming back afterwards" He demanded.

"The fact that you're so calm about me leaving you for an entire year worries me enough let alone the horrible feeling that maybe I'd want to stay out there" Her voice started to raise towards the end of her sentence. Adam looked shocked.

"I'm just being supportive. I thought you wouldn't want me to tell you that I don't want you to go" He seemed rather startled. Luna popped a hip out.

"You don't want me to go?" She questioned.

"Well, no one wants their fiancée to move to another country but I know it's what you want so I am trying to be supportive" He confessed. Luna shook her head.

"And what about after? What if I want to stay? Would you move out there with me?" She asked. He visibly winced.

"Well, no" He answered. "Would you really want to stay out there and not come home to me?" He asked, rather hurt by her wanting to move to another country.

"I don't know." She looked away. "Maybe London..."

"But not Sheffield?" He asked. She sighed again.

"I think I've outgrown Sheffield. It's taken me a lot longer than most people but I think I need to move on" She explained. Adam nodded.

"So, what are we going to do?"