63. wednesday, june 2015

Guys I have so many ideas for this book I'm probably going to end up doing like 100 chapters
—————————————————————————

"Is Alex coming over today?" Jen asked as Luna stirred her cake batter. Luna shrugged.

"Not sure. He might have other things to do." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm happy for you, Luna. I don't know what kind of relationship you had before but it seems as if your perfect man just turned up at your door. You're so lucky." She sighed. Luna smiled as she stirred.

"I guess so." She grinned. Then, her phone started ringing but she couldn't pick it up because she was covered in batter. "Fuck. Jen can you put my phone to my ear please." Jen picked up the phone and smirked.

"It's Alex." She smiled, answering it and pressing it to her ear.

"Hello?" Luna answered as if she didn't know it was Alex.

"You're gonna love me." He replied. Luna pulled a face.

"Are you assuming I already don't?" She answered. Jen bit her lip, overhearing the conversation.

"You, me, Penny, David, dinner tonight. What do you think?" Luna tried to stop from screaming out of excitement. She hadn't seen Alex's parents in twelve years.

"Your parents are in Paris?" She beamed. Jen looked confused.

"That's a good thing?" She asked. Luna held up her cake batter finger to keep her quiet.

"Sure are. Shall I pick you up for dinner?" He asked. Luna was grinning so wide her face hurt.

"Do they want to see me?" She asked. Alex laughed just beautiful laugh.

"Of course they do. Bain of my existence for the past ten years when they ask if I've seen you recently. You should've heard my mum when I told her we are dating." He explained. Luna couldn't help it, she squealed.

"Okay okay. Pick me up tonight. I'm gonna make your mum a cake." She was practically jumping up and down.

"Why don't you bake me a cake?" He wondered. She laughed.

"When you're as angelic as Penny, you get a cake." She pointed out.

"If I was as angelic as my mother you wouldn't be screaming my name every night." Jen's eyebrows raised as Luna blushed.

"Jesus Christ." Jen muttered. Luna didn't know what to say to that.

"Fair enough, see you tonight." She said quickly. Alex snorted at her response.

"Love you, will be there at seven." He said before ending the call. Luna signalled to Jen, who ended the call for her.

"Thanks and sorry about that." She expressed

"What's the deal with you and Alex's parents?" She asked, not understanding why she would be so excited to meet her boyfriends parents.

"In the past decade, I've spent more time with Penny and David than I have Alex. Heck, I bet I've spent more time with them than Alex has. They used to come into my bakery all the time." She explained. Jen nodded slowly as she processed this information.

"Yes but you're not just Luna anymore. You're Luna, Alex Turner's girlfriend. Won't it be different?" She wondered. Luna turned her head to her slowly as she absorbed what Jen was implying.

"I hope not." She finally answered. Jen shrugged but the seed was now planted.

"Well, we've got..." she looked down at her watch. "Four hours to make sure you look like every mother's dream for their son." She smiled.