70. saturday, august 2016

Luna practically clung to Alex as he dragged her through the party. He seemed to know everyone, after all he was Alex Turner. He didn't mind her holding onto him though, it meant he got to show her off to all his friends.

"I'm going to get a drink." She eventually decided she should let him have some time to himself. No one likes a clingy girlfriend. Alex nodded and watched as she pushed through the cluster of people.

He continued to talk to an old friend, someone who he had met through Miles and had had multiple fun nights out with. They reminisced about old times, laughing loudly at some of the crazy things Miles had done.

Luna found Miles at the bar and felt a sense of relief, someone else she could cling to until she could return to Alex.

"Hey, Lu. How are you?" He asked, placing a dry roasted peanut from his palm into his mouth.

"Feeling good. Need a drink desperately." She gasped. Miles let out a loud chuckle and called over to the bartender.

"Margarita?" He offered. Her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Get two, I'll take one over to Al" she looked around the room to see if she could see him but failed in the few short seconds that she tried.

"You got it. Two margaritas please." He said to the man. The bartender nodded and started to make the drinks requested.

"You two getting used to London life? It must've been so weird starting your relationship in Paris." He sipped his own drink as he questioned her.

"Going back to London was weird. I never thought I'd live here let alone with Alex." She laughed. The bartender placed the two drinks on the bar top for her.

"Put it on Turner's tab please mate." He nodded. The bartender nodded once again and moved away from the two.

"Cheeky." Luna chuckled, sipping the drink. Miles laughed and looked around.

"Let's get this drink to your man, shall we?" He nodded his head in a direction Luna assumed was where Alex was. He walked away from the bar and Luna followed, clutching her margarita and protecting it from the people standing around her.

"Al!" Miles yelled. Luna watched Alex's head snap round from talking to his friend. His eyes lit up at the sight of his best mate and girlfriend walking towards them.

"Speak of the devil" he said towards Luna. Her eyebrows raised but she passed him his drink nonetheless.

"I got you a margarita." She pointed out. His eyes widened at the drink in front of him and he pulled her a bit too hard to his side. Clearly he had already had a few.

"What did I tell you? She's perfect." He grinned down at her. Luna looked away, blushing furiously at his compliment.

"Let me take a photo of the two of you." Miles smiled, pulling his phone out. Luna looked up at Alex, who looked rather excited. "Ready?" He said. They looked at the camera and smiled. "Another one." He called out. Alex looked down at Luna and kissed her head as she grinned. "And another! Kiss her you muppet!" He yelled. The two of them laughed but complied happily. "Adorable. I'll send them to you." He nodded. Alex squeezed Luna's waist and leant down to her ear.

"I know where the bedrooms are in here. Fancy a tour?" His voice brushed against her skin, sending shivers down her spine. She met his eyes and kissed the side of his mouth lightly which gave him his answer. "I'm just gonna give her a tour." He nodded to Miles, who already knew what that meant.

Alex started to lead her away when his arm was grabbed by an unknown hand. He turned his head to see someone he didn't think he would ever see again.