34. saturday december 2011

"Are you going home for Christmas this year, Al?" Matt asked. Alex unattached his lips from his girlfriend, Arielle, and replied with a simple:

"Yeah." Before whispering things into her ear about what he was going to do to her later on. She giggled next to him.

Matt got up from the room and decided to leave them alone. Ever since Alex had got back from Sheffield, he was a much better person. He had finally decided to stop fucking around with Arielle and actually settle down with her. He wouldn't speak to anyone about what he did in Sheffield, just muttered about family things.

"They're nauseating sometimes." He commented, falling onto a sofa next to Jamie.

"Ah, he's in love. You know what Alex is like when he falls for someone." He replied. Matt nodded as it was true.

"I'm suspicious of why he was up in Sheffield for that long." Nick pointed out. They all looked confused.

"How so?" Matt asked.

"We sent him there for a couple of days to sort him out and he returns a month later a new man. Something must've happened. Is he on a new drug or something?" Nick explained. They all thought about it for a second.

"I think he just took some time at home and then came back with the realisation that he wanted to be with Arielle." Matt replied. Jamie cleared his throat.

"Maybe he shagged about in Sheffield, got it out of his system and then came back to settle down" he suggested. They all nodded. "That's what i would do." He muttered.

Alex entered the room with a loose walk and lipstick all over his face. They all went quiet as he collapsed onto the sofa next to Matt. He noticed the silence and pulled a face.

"What?" He asked. Matt smirked and brought his hand to Alex's face to try and wipe off the lipstick.

"Is she sticking round for the tour?" Jamie asked, plucking his guitar.

"Who? Ari?" He crossed his leg and started to trace words on his jeans. They all watched him carefully. "Yeah, she'll probably stick around for a while" his head lifted and met Jamie's eyes. "You guys don't mind, do you?"

They all mumbled the same 'no' or 'of course not' as Alex went back to daydreaming and drawing on his leg.

"Did you write any songs while you were in Sheffield?" Nick asked. Alex looked up again and suddenly became uneasy, they all noticed.

"Maybe." He smirked. "Wanna hear?" He asked, not even waiting for an answer as he got up and grabbed a guitar.

"I'm a puppet on a string
Tracy island, time-traveling diamond
Could a shaped heartaches
Come to find ya fall in some velvet morning

Years too late
She's a silver lining lone ranger riding
Through an open space
In my mind when she's not right there beside me

I go crazy 'cause here isn't where I wanna be
And satisfaction feels like a distant memory
And I can't help myself
All I wanna hear her say is are you mine?"

He stopped and looked up. All the boys were nodding.

"Is it about Arielle?" Nick asked. Alex looked down at his guitar and chewed at his lip.

"Yep. Pretty good don't you think?" He said quickly, putting the guitar down. They all nodded and Matt got out his drum sticks to warm himself up.

"Really good. I like the riff, very catchy." Jamie nodded. "What was it again?" Alex picked up his guitar and moved over to him to show him. Matt stood up and walked over to the snack table. As he walked, the door opened and a flood of people who worked for them came in. Nick stood up and joined him with the food.

"The song's not about Arielle." Nick mumbled. Matt chuckled and shook his head.

"Not at all." He agreed. They both turned their heads slightly and looked back at Alex, now joined by Arielle as he tried to teach Jamie the riff.

"So, who's it about?" Nick questioned. Matt shrugged.

"That's his business." He picked up a bag of doritos and winked at Nick. "We'll get him pissed and make it our business." He chuckled. Nick laughed.

The room was buzzing. Alex has his guitar on his strap and was walking around practicing and serenading random people. The opening act was playing on stage but in their dressing room, music was blaring through the vinyl speakers.

"I'm making margarita's" Alex announced just on time as he took off his guitar and leant it against the chair. Arielle wrapped her arms around his waist from behind as he made drinks for everyone.

"Babe, I'm not being funny. I need my space to make these." He said melodramatically. She giggled and let go of him, placing a kiss on his neck quickly.

"Last show lads!" Alex yelled, turning around as he shook the mixture. Everyone cheered as he poured out the drinks and handed them out. He was pumped for the last show before their Christmas break.

He handed Arielle's friend, Sarah, a margarita and winked at her without thinking about it. She pulled him down to sit next to her and grinned wildly.

"I'm so glad you and Arielle finally ended up together." Her breath was already full of alcohol, Alex considered taking the drink back off her.

"Yeah, me too." He put his arm around her and smiled friendly.

"You were fucking about for a while there." She prodded him. That irritated him because he wasn't fucking about with Arielle, they had established rules as fuck buddies and for some reason everyone thought Alex wanted to destroy her.

"I had just got out of a relationship, Sarah. I didn't want anything serious" he expressed. Sarah laughed and hit him on his leg playfully.

"So there was another girl." She teased. Alex tensed and moved away slightly.

"What do you mean?" He asked. She smirked, knowing she had got it right. Alex knew she would tell Arielle so his plan was deny deny deny.

"I mean, you didn't want Arielle to be the rebound so you went and found another girl and to get it out the way and now you've come back to settle down. It's fine, Al. You're only human." She nodded with a look of pity in her eye. Alex pushed himself up, shaking his head.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He hissed quietly before walking away.

Alex didn't want to talk about his weeks with Luna with anyone. Not because of the deep guilt he felt because of it but because he was hers and even though what he did was awful, he will always cherish the moments when it was only him and her.