10

Asher's P.O.V.

The whole rest of the day I did not say a word to Carson, Will, or Jayden not that Jayden tried to talk to me. I kept on seeing her hangout out with Annie and the girls she hung out with.

Carson and Will tried to talk to me but I just ignored them which was not gonna be easy during basketball practice. I got changed in the bathroom to avoid talking to either of them.

I walked out to the gym and saw the two of them talking with each other and when they saw me they jogged over to me, "Come on man, you seriously can't still be mad at us." Will said looking in my eyes.

I just stared back at him.

"Come on Asher, seriously. Don't be such a dick." Carson said shoving me to looked at him and I just walked away from him and to the basketball rack.

"Seriously man, that's not what I told you to say." Will complained to Carson.

"He's the one who's acting like a total baby." Carson said and walked away.

I gritted my teeth pissed and just did some drills to help take my mind off things which it did thankfully.

After practice I changed back into my regular clothes and went out to my car. I then drove to Charlie Angel, body shop and walked in which is pretty small and rustic.

(Picture Keith's garage from OTH)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(Picture Keith's garage from OTH)

"Hey, kid." My uncle said as I walked in and I just gave him a fake smile.

"Hey, what's wrong? You seem down." He asked wiping his hands with a rag.

"Nah, I'm fine." I said shaking my head and took of my sweatshirt and popped the hood of the car that I've been working on.

"Come on, spill it Asher." Charlie commanded.

"There this girl—" I started out but he cut me off.

"Ohh, you got a little crushy crush." He said smiling in a teasing tone.

My dad died in a car accident a few years ago and Charlie came back into our lives after he died and took over the auto shop and he's like my father, big brother, and best friend all one. I know that I can tell him anything and it will always stay between him and me.

He's only 32 so he does have a very childish side to him which includes him teasing me about stuff like girls and when I have pimples which can be annoying a lot but my siblings find it hilarious.

I spend most of my time either practicing basketball or at the auto shop fixing up cars. I know not many people would like working especially doing so much with your hands but my dad was a mechanic and taught me what I know and I've loved it ever since he did teach me when I was nine.

"No, it's not like that. I don't like her but I guess she has a thing for me." I said taking a Phillips head screwdriver from the tool box and went back over to the car.

"How do you know she had a thing for you?" He asked leaning on the other side of the car.

"Well, she kissed me—"

"She kissed you!" Charlie said excitedly.

"Four like five times." I added as I tried to unscrewed the oil filter.

"Four times?!" He exclaimed and the screwdriver wouldn't budge and got off its track and I fell forwards a little.

"Damn, can you hand me that wrench?" I asked holding the screwdriver.

"Dude, forget about the car." He said eagerly and I looked up at him raising my eyebrows. "Tell me what happened."

"I don't know, she just came up to me a few times and kissed me and I pushed her off and she still did it." I said rolling my eyes and walked over to the toolbox myself and looked a wrench.

"Ahh, you she's the reason your so pissed?" He asked and handed me a blue handled wrench.

"Thanks, yeah she won't quit harassing me and my girlfriend cheated on me last week." I said unscrewing oil filter.

"Really? I never liked that Mia girl." He said making me look up at him and glare. "Sorry, just saying."

"Don't worry, I'll get her back." I said walking over to the sink and rinsing the oil from the filter.

"Okay, tell me more about this girl. What's her name?" Charlie asked.

"Annie, she's a total bitch. Seño Martìnez is making me tutor her." I said annoyed and dried the filter with a rag and screwed if back in.

"Well, why is she annoying?" He asked.

"Because she befriending Jayden." I said and he nodded. "And Carson and Will."

"Is that it?" He asked.

"Is that it? Isn't that enough?" I asked looking at him.

"Enough for you to be this pissed? I don't think so." Charlie said shaking his head.

I was gonna say something but I felt my phone buzz and it was from an unknown number.

Unknown number:
Hey, when are we gonna do this tutoring thing?

I rolled my eyes. She had to have gotten my number from Jayden. I rolled my eyes and told her to meet me at the pier tomorrow morning. I couldn't risk anyone seeing us together.

"She's just a total bitch." I said looking down at the car engine.

______________________________

I got to the pier a little before 7 and got out my textbook and my binder and waited for Annie to show up.

Ten minutes had passed and still she's not here. God I swear to god if she forgot and made me wake up an hour early for nothing there's gonna be hell to pay.

I looked at my watch and it was 7:13am. "Where the fuck are you?" I said to myself. Another four minutes has passed and I finally saw her walking towards me and sat down.

"You're late." Was all I said when she sat down.

"Hey, it's not my fault, Pretty Boy." She said putting her hands up.

"Then who's it is?" I asked with no emotion looking up at her confused.

"Yours, for expecting my to be on time." She said smiling at me.

"Yeah, I should've learned a long time ago not to expect that much from you." I said flipping open the book.

"Ouch, and your only known me four days by the way." She added and took out a box of Cracker Jacks. "You want one?" She asked shaking the box.

"Seriously? Annie, you gotta focus." I said annoyed rolling my eyes.

"Okay okay. Jeez." She muttered and open the box and took out the prize thing. "I hope this is a cheat sheet." She said opening it and it was a beaded bracelet.

She held it in her hand and looked at it. "It's for you." She said looking up at me and I looked at her weirdly.

"No, don't— stop that." I said rolling my eyes as she grabbed my wrist and put the bracelet around it.

"Don't say I never gave you anything." She said smiling and I just groaned.

_____________________________

I like Charlie and I think his character is gonna be a really good one and his gonna he'll make Asher think about Annie in different ways

Love you all💜🦔🌻