13

Annie's P.O.V.

"That was the worst 25 minutes of my entire life!" I complained as the girls and I walked to my locker.

"I don't think that it was that bad." Lilia said shrugging as I knelt down and unlocked my locker.

"Oh no, it was. Seriously my voice hurts from all that arguing." I said putting my hand to my neck.

"I'm just glad that we all had lunch with the boys and we can do it again tomorrow." Jayden said smiling and I looked up at her.

"I'm sorry, Jay. Did you just miss me and him screaming at each other for the last half hour?" I asked standing up.

"Yeah, but if you keep hanging out then you'll eventually get along." Anna said nodding.

"And fall in love." Sydney added.

"Syd! Not helping!" I yelled scrunching my nose and my voice went up another octave starting to get annoyed.

"What can I say, I'm a strong shipper of Ashannie." She said making the others laugh.

"Ashannie? That's good. And you and Asher would be really cute together." Jayden said smiling as we walked down the hall.

"No, please. Jayden be on my side." I begged looking at her.

"Nope, she with us." Lilia said putting her arm around Jayden.

"Ugh, whatever." I said giving up.

"So we're meeting at my house after school for a girls night right?" Jayden said and we all nodded.

________________________________

So I'm having just about the shittiest day ever. First I have a tutoring session with Pretty Boy, then Pretty Boy insulted me in class, and then me and Pretty Boy fought all through lunch.

You catching my drift of who the problem guy in my day is?

And now I was on my way to Jayden's house when my car broke down. I called someone and they're gonna come out and tow my car.

I'm now just leaning against my car and playing Duckers on my phone and I heard a truck rolling up and I looked to see a tow truck but rolled my eyes when I saw Asher driving it.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said as he got out of the truck.

Okay this could be fun.

"My savior." I said smiling and threw my arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"Ew, get off me weirdo." He said pushing me back and I just smiled. "Seriously, I'm not surprised this hunk of junk broke down." He said.

"Excuse me, Roxie is not a hunk of junk and you're a mechanic so you deal with junk all that time." I said crossing my arms as he walked open to my car and popped the hood.

"Rox— you named your car?" He asked looking at me confused.

"Yes, don't you. I mean you work with cars everyday. What do you call them?" I asked looking at him confused.

"I don't call them anything. W-wait do you talk to your car?" He asked with a grin looking around at the engine or something.

I don't know. I'm not a car person.

"Obviously, you need to tell them that they're doing a good job or they'll quit on you." I said in a duh tone.

"And how did that work out for you now?" He asked grabbing a thing from his truck that was like a hook thing and went over to Roxie and put it under her left wheel.

"Well not so hunky dory I know that." I said putting my hands on my hips looking down at him.

"Yup," He said hooking up the wheel and when over to the drivers side door of his truck and opened it.

"Are you gonna be a gentleman and offer me a ride or and I gonna have to ask?" I wondered looking at him.

"Ugh, do you want a ride?" He asked unwillingly.

"Aww, that's so sweet. Yes, thank you." I said smiling and got in the truck.

He started driving and then asked. "What are the directions to where you're going?"

"Oh, I'm just going to Jayden's house. You know the way, don't you?" I smirked.

I saw that he tightened his grip on the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white. I bit my lip and looked out the window. And when we got to her house I said, "Thanks." And he didn't respond.

I just got out of the truck and want up to the front door and when I was about to knock on the door I opened and Jayden attacked me with a hug.

"Good to see you too." I said laughing and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Where have you been?" She asked finally letting go of me and I saw her look behind me and I turned my head to see the truck drive away.

"Wh— Asher drove you here?" Anna asked and Lilia leaned on the door frame smirking at me.

"Explain please." Syd asked crossing her arms.

"Inside." I said and we went inside and to the couch and the four of them looked at me intently.

"There nothing really to it." I said shrugging a little. "My car broke down and I called and then he came and took a look at it. That's all." I said.

"That can't be all." Lilia said looking at me.

"It is." I said bitting my lip.

"Nah, you're lying. Bitting your lip is your tell." Anna said making me glare at her. Seriously? I thought we were on the same page about this stuff.

"Uhh..." I said looking down.

"Annie, spill it." Jayden pressed.

"Okay, I kissed him—" I started and got cut off by 'aww's, "only on the cheek." I said looking at all of them.

"Still, that almost seems cuter." Syd said still smiling.

"Okay, were done talking about me and Asher." I said.

"So there is a you and Asher?" Lilia asked smirking.

"Jayden go, what's you with you and Jack?" I said ignoring Lilia.

"Wait, what? What do you mean, me and Jack. There's nothing. I mean..." Jayden started to say and then that lead to her telling us all about what she thought of him and it was all really sweet.

______________________________

So, Annie's starting to feel a little guilty about her messing with Asher so much and maybe she'll have more feelings towards Asher soon... or never, no it's probably soon.

Then again it could also never happen. Only I know and ya know people who are rereading the book because you just love it so much.

Love you all💜🦔🌻