44

Asher's P.O.V.

I put on black jeans and my grey button down shirt and slipped on my black converse. I looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair trying to make it look messy but in a cool way.

But me being me, it didn't look cool at all. I ran a comb through my hair and it flattened it down.

"Ughhh god." I groaned annoyed.

"What is it Asher?" Will asked from my room.

I walked into my room and said, "Who let me have this hair cut." Pointing at my hair.

"Dude, your fine." Carson said rolling his eyes at me.

"Whatever." I said annoyed and looked at my watch. "I gotta go." I said and went out to my car.

I drove to Annie's house and took a deep breath. I got out and started walking to the door. But it opened and Annie walked out smiling at me.

"Hey." Annie said walking over to me and she linked arms with me and turned us back to my car.

"Uhh hi, aren't we gonna go in? I wanted to meet your mom." I asked pointing at the door smiling.

"Y-Yeah, um she not home." She obviously lied and I opened the car door from her.

"Really, then who car is that." I wondered glancing over at the car in the drive way. "You may be cute LeBlanc, but your still the shittiest liar I know." I chuckled getting in the car too.

We talked some on the drive there but when we got there, there were so many lights it was so amazing.

We were walking around, holding hands and it was great but I felt Annie slow down a little when we passed a game booth that had a bunch of stuffed animals as prizes and she was staring at a stuffed animal elephant.

I stopped walked and asked, "You want that elephant?"

"I absolutely love elephants." She smiled and I smiled too.

"Let's go." I said and we walked over to the booth.

It was the milk bottle throw thing and I'm not that good at it but it's for Annie so.

"One dollar for one ball." The guy who was working there said to me and I nodded.

I got out my wallet and put a dollar on the counter and the guy handed me a ball. I loved the ball for hand to hand looking at the milk bottles and was about to throw the ball.

"How are you doing tonight?" The guy asked in a bit of a flirtatious tone to Annie and that made me mess up on the throw. I gritted my teeth and felt pissed.

I put another dollar down and tried again but was kept on messed up by that fucking annoying guy who kept flirting with Annie.

"Here, Ash. How about you let me try?" She asked looking at.

"Nah, nah, Annie I got this." I said forcing a smile. I shook my head a little to clear it, holding the baseball in my hands and threw the ball and it missed it by a foot.

"Ooh, so close." The guy said sarcastically and I look at him pissed. "You do know that the point is to actually knock down the bottles, right?" The guy smirked.

"Yes, I do realize that. Thank you." I said pissed and looked through my wallet again and I didn't have another dollar left. I then put it back in my pocket and crossed my arms annoyed.

Annie handed the guy a dollar and he gave her a ball and Annie threw it at the bottles and knocked them down.

What the fuck?

My mouth dropped open and and guy smirked and Annie just smiled. "The elephant please." She smiled.

"Damn." The guy said and handed it to her.

"You better stick to basketball Pretty Boy." Annie said and grabbed my hand and we walked away. "But now you get a cute elephant." She said and handed me the elephant.

"How did you get that on your first try? That was a good 20 feet away." I asked.

"My brother played baseball. He would force me to pitch to him all that time." She giggled and I frowned my eyebrows.

"I didn't know you had a brother?" I said and I felt Annie get all weird.

"Um, yeah. He-he uh, he k-kinda died." She mumbled out nervous.

I stared down at he and she didn't say anything to me and just looked down.

"What?" I asked awkwardly.

She just nodded a little.

"Why, didn't you tell me?" I asked and she shrugged.

"When did he die? How did he die? Are you okay?" I started asking her questions. "What happened? How long again? Was there an accident? Were you there during it?"

Annie whispered something but I couldn't hear what it was and I just had so many questions spinning through my head.

"Were you guys close? Was he older or younger then you? Why didn't you tell me? Is that why your dad left? How did he die? What was his name? How long ago did he die?" I kept going on and on.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up! ASHER! SHUT UP! PLEASE! JUST STOP! PLEASE!" Annie yelled and I heard her voice crack and she covered her ears and closed her eyes and I saw that tears were rolling down her cheeks.

Fuck.

A lot of people we're staring at us but I was just concerned about her.

"Oh god, Annie. I'm so so sorry." I said staring down at her. She finally looked up at me and I didn't know what to say.

"Um, I-I um, I have- I have to go." She stuttered out and began to walk away.

"W-wait, wait. Please. I'm so sorry. Please don't go." I said following her. "I'll drive."

"Um, n-no thank you. I'll walk. Bye." She said and walked faster away from me.

God, what the fuck it wrong with me. I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled on it hard.

_____________________________

I feel bad for Asher. It feels like nothing goes his way and I also feel like it's partly my fault because I have the control over it.

Love you all💜🦔🌻