43

Annie's P.O.V.

I didn't wanna over dress because it's a fair but it is also our first, just us date.

I put on white v neck crop top, grey ripped skinny jeans, and black vans. I looked at myself in the mirror and bit my lip a little.

I walked into the bathroom and put on some makeup to help fix my... face. Didn't help that much.

I heard a car pull up outside and a door open. Yikes. I grabbed my phone and ran down stairs past my mom.

"Bye, I'm going to the fair with a friend. See you later tonight." I said as I passed her and ran out the door before she could question it.

"Hey." I said walking over to Asher as he was like three feet away from the front door. I linked arms with him and turned him back to his car.

"Uhh hi, aren't we gonna go in? I wanted to meet your mom." He asked pointing at the door.

Okay, this boy is so sweet.

"Y-Yeah, um she not home." I said as he opened the car door from me.

"Really, then who car is that." He wondered glancing over at my mom car. "You may be cute LeBlanc, but your still the shittiest liar I know." He chuckled getting in the car too. I turned my head to the window and freaked out a little.

He fucking called me cute!

We talked some on the drive there but nothing that interesting and when we got there, there were so many lights it was so pretty.

We were walking around, holding hands and just that was great but when we passed a game booth which had a bunch of stuffed animal on the walls and my eyes widened when I saw a stuffed animal elephant and I smiled.

And I guess Asher saw my excitement because he stopped and asked, "You want that elephant?"

"I absolutely love elephants." I smiled.

"Let's go." He said and we walked over to the booth.

It was one of those games where you throw a baseball at stacked up milk bottles and try to knock them down.

"One dollar for one ball." The guy who was working there said to Asher and the guy looked bored out of his mind.

Asher got his wallet out and put a dollar on the counter and the guy handed him a ball. The guy then turned to me and he was in his early twenties and a little attractive not gonna like.

"How are you doing tonight?" He asked in a bit of a flirtatious tone and I heard a loud thud and looked to see that Asher missed the bottles and looked a little pissed.

He put another dollar down and tried again as the guy kept flirting with me and that went on for a few more throws.

"Here, Ash. How about you let me try?" I asked looking at him.

"Nah, nah, Annie I got this." He said forcing a smile. He shook his head a little holding the baseball in his hands and threw the ball and it missed it by a foot.

"Ooh, so close." The guy said sarcastically and Asher look at him annoyed. "You do know that the point is to actually knock down the bottles, right?" The guy smirked.

"Yes, I do realize that. Thank you." Asher said pissed and was rummaging threw his wallet and then put it back in his pocket and crossed his arms annoyed.

I then reached in my pocket and handed the dude a dollar and he gave me a ball and I threw it at the bottles and knocked them down. 

Asher's mouth dropped open and and guy smirked and I just smiled. "The elephant please." I smiled.

"Damn." The guy said and handed me the stuffed animal and I looked at Asher who just looked shocked.

"You better stick to basketball Pretty Boy." And grabbed his hand and we walked away. "But now you get a cute elephant." I said and handed the prize to him.

"How did you get that on your first try? That was a good 20 feet away." Asher asked.

"My brother played baseball. He would force me to pitch to him all the time." I giggled.

"I didn't know you had a brother?" He questioned and I held my breath.

Fuck.

"Um, yeah. He-he uh, he k-kinda died." I stuttered out a little nervous.

What the fuck Annie? Kinda died? That not a fucking thing you dumb-fuck.

And I could feel Asher staring down at me and I just kept my eyes on the ground.

"What?" He asked dumbfounded.

I just nodded slightly.

"Why, didn't you tell me?" He asked and I shrugged.

"When did he die? How did he die? Are you okay?" He started question me attentively.

I felt my heart rate increase and I didn't answer him.

"What happened? How long again? Was there an accident? Were you there during it?" He kept asked and I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Please stop." I whispered but he didn't.

He kept going.

"Were you guys close? Was he older or younger then you? Why didn't you tell me? Is that why your dad left? How did he die? What was his name? How long ago did he die?" Asher kept going on and on and I couldn't handle it.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up! ASHER! SHUT UP! PLEASE! JUST STOP! PLEASE!" I yelled and my voice cracked and I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes shut causing more tears to escape.

Even with my eyes closed I could feel people staring at me but I didn't care.

"Oh god, Annie. I'm so so sorry." He said sincerely.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him staring down at me with his eyes widened.

"Um, I-I um, I have- I have to go." I managed to get out and started saying away from him.

"W-wait, wait. Please. I'm so sorry. Please don't go." He said chasing me. "I'll drive."

"Um, n-no thank you. I'll walk. Bye." I said and walked faster away from him ignoring his words.

The tears would not stop and as fast as I would wipe them away at least double the amount took their place.

I pulled out my phone and called Sydney.

"Hello?" She said.

"Syd, I need a ride home please." I said and I could hide how upset my voice sounded.

"What wrong? What happened?" She asked nervously and I just shook my head.

"No, umm. Can you just pick me up. I'll tell you then." I said sniffing. "I just left the fair on Main." I said.

"Yeah, I'll be right there. Love you." She said and I smiled.

"You too." I said and hung up the phone, shoving it back in my pocket, and I wrapped my arms around myself.

______________________________

Guys that was really hard for me to write all that about Caleb but I think that I wrote it good and I'm proud of it.

Love you all💜🌻🦔