30

Asher's P.O.V.

Once P.E. rolled around I got changed quickly and walked out and looked to she that Annie was about halfway down the hill to the track.

"Hey, hey LeBlanc!" I yelled from behind her and I jogged down the hill to catch up with her.

"Sup, Pretty Boy." She said with that damn smiled looking up at me and I just looked back down at her annoyed. "What happened? Did I do something?" She wondered.

"What the hell happened back there?" I said and she just looked at me confused.

"What happened? Back where?" She asked frowning her eyebrows.

"Don't play dumb." I said shaking my head annoyed.

"At lunch, you don't really think that I don't see that note your jackass ex-boyfriend wrote you?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." Annie lied nervously.

I don't get why she won't tell me about this and lies about it all.

"Really?" I asked not believing her and she nodded. I then leaned closer to her bent over to the side a little and I put my hand in her back pocket grabbing the note from her ex.

"What are you doing?!" She asked shocked and I looked to see her eyes were widened.

Hopefully she didn't think I was going in for a grab-ass. Not that I would protest to... um, I'm just gonna shut up now.

When pulled out the note and started unfolding it Annie pipped up. "No, Ash- don't to that." And tried to take it back from me.

"This—" I started, "Annie, this is a threat. He is threatening you. And me. This is illegal and this son of a bitch can not treat you this way." I said and waved the paper around.

"Please, just keep your voice down." She pleaded putting her hands on my arm.

"Annie, just talk to me. Please, I want to know what you are thinking and why you won't report this." I said looking her in the eyes.

"Not here," Annie said and she looked around to make sure that no one was looking at the two of us.

"When?" I begged.

"Tonight. We'll just break away from the group and talk okay?" She asked and I nodded and she then ran ahead with Sydney.

I let out a deep breath and ran my hand through my hair annoyed.

_____________________________

After school we all went to Jack's house and Jack's basement was totally decked out and it was awesome.

"Bro, this is so dope?" Will said smiling and slipped his back.

"Yeah, I know." Jack said all cockily.

"Bro, you had a Nintendo switch this whole time and never invited us over. I should beat the shit out of you and I will... in Mario Kart." Carson said smirking.

"Ooh, dibs on Yoshi." Annie said raising both of her hands up and hopped on the couch and grabbed a controller.

"Annie, I though we were gonna..." I began to say to her and I just watched as she rolled her eyes at me.

"That can wait, Pretty Boy." She said and I just rolled my eyes at her too.

"What was that about?" Will asked looking at me and I just shook my head.

"You don't want to know." I said.

And then after whole bunch of games of Mario Kart they were playing I still haven't gotten a chance to speak with Annie alone.

And it's not like I haven't tried.

After they finished a race I would always ask her if we could talk but she would always start a new race before she'd answer. I know that she doesn't want to talk about it but I just don't know why.

But I was ready so right as she pasted the finish line I grabbed the controller from her hands and she glared up at me. "Upstairs, now!" I said sternly.

"Fine." She said and I grabbed her wrist and we walked upstairs and sat down in the living room on the couch and I looked at her.

"First thing, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable about kinda grabbing you earlier." I started to say trying to clear the air from that part because she could've been not okay with that.

Not that I minded at all, if I— you know what? I'm just gonna stop my thought right there.

"No, it's fine." Annie said and smiled a little.

"Okay, but why won't you tell someone about him? Has he hurt you? Did he threaten you in another way too?" I asked concerned.

"Asher, it just easier this way."

"Easier this way, it's easier to be living in fear and constant looking over your shoulder?"

"Okay, easier isn't the right word. But it's just gonna get so much worse then just trying to ignore it." She said letting out a breath.

"How is it gonna get worse?" I questioned.

"I don't wanna think about it, just please trust that this is the right way to do things." Annie begged looking up at me.

"Can you just promise me one thing? That if you ever need to talk to someone about anything, anything at all, you'll consider coming to me?" I asked and she smiled nodding.

"Promise." She said and leaned into hug me and I wrapped my arms around her smiling.

"I hope you don't expect your getting your sweatshirt back. Because that's so not gonna happen." She said causing me to laugh a little.

"Don't worry, it looked better on you then me anyway." I said smiling.

______________________________

Aww, I've said it before and I'll say it again I love their conversations together and I won't ever stop.

Love you all💜🦔🌻