29

Annie's P.O.V.

"Hey, hey LeBlanc!" Someone yelled from behind me and I looked to see Asher jogging down the hill to the track and to catch up with me.

"Sup, Pretty Boy." I said smiling up at him and he just looked pissed. "What happened. Did I do something?" I asked kinda nervously.

"What the hell happened back there?" He said and I just looked at him confused.

"What happened? Back where?" I questioned frowning my eyebrows.

"Don't play dumb." Asher said shaking his head.

Rude.

"At lunch, you don't really think that I don't see that note your jackass ex-boyfriend wrote you?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." I said smiling nervously.

I really don't want Asher to get involved with the whole Hayden shit because it's not worth it all.

"Really?" He asked unconvinced and I nodded uncontrollably. I watched him as he just pressed his lips together and then leaned closer to me but over to the side a little and I felt him put his hand on my ass.

"What are you doing?!" I asked completely shocked and my eyes were widened but then realized that he was reaching in my back pocket.

Not that I didn't like it.

He pulled out the note Hayden wrote me and unfolded it. "No, Ash- don't to that." I said trying to take it back from him.

"This— Annie, this is a threat. He is threatening you. And me. This is illegal and this son of a bitch can not treat you this way." Asher said waving the paper around.

"Please, just keep your voice down." I begged putting my hands on his arm.

"Annie, just talk to me. Please, I want to know what you are thinking and why you won't report this." He said looking me in the eyes.

"Not here," I said and looked around to make sure that no one was looking at us.

"When?" He pleaded.

"Tonight. We'll just break away from the group and talk okay?" I asked and he nodded and I ran ahead with Sydney.

"What was that about?" She smirked.

"Hayden." I muttered and handed her the note.

"I'll kill him." Sydney declares.

"You'll have to flip Asher for it." I said and she let out an annoyed laugh.

_____________________________

After school I texted Hayley and made sure she wasn't gonna be at the house tonight so Hayden wouldn't attack her or anything if he really does show up there.

And now we all went to Jack's house and the guys were amazed by his basement and Jack just soaked it in.

"Bro, this is so dope?" Will said smiling and slipped his back.

"Yeah, I know." He said smirking.

"Bro, you had a Nintendo switch this whole time and never invited us over. I should beat the shit out of you and I will... in Mario Kart." Carson said smirking.

"Ooh, dibs on Yoshi." I said putting my hands up and hopped on the couch and grabbed a controller.

"Annie, I though we were gonna..." I heard Asher said and I just rolled my eyes.

"That could wait, Pretty Boy." I said and I could feel Jayden looking at me.

"Tell you later." I whispered to her and she nodded.

And then after whole-ass bunch of games of Mario Kart and I won a few and so did everyone else. Only four people could play at a time but me being a total bitch, hogged my controller so the other three made their round with everyone else.

Minus Asher for some reason. And after we finished a race he would always ask me if we could talk and I always start a new race before I can answer. Mostly because I don't wanna really talk to him about it because I know it can only end badly.

But right as I pasted the finish line Asher grabbed my controller from my hands and I glared up at him. "Upstairs, now!" He said sternly.

"Fine." I said and he grabbed my wrist and we walked upstairs and sat down in the living room and he looked at me.

"First thing, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable about kinda grabbing you earlier." He started to say and I shook my head.

"No, it's fine." I said and smiled a little.

"Okay, but why won't you tell someone about him? Has he hurt you? Did he threaten you in another way too?" Asher asked concerned.

"Asher, it just easier this way."

"Easier this way, it's easier to be living in fear and constant looking over your shoulder?"

"Okay, easier isn't the right word. But it's just gonna get so much worse then just trying to ignore it." I said letting out a breath.

"How is it gonna get worse?" He questioned.

"I don't wanna think about it, just please trust that this is the right way to do things." I begged looking up at him.

"Can you just promise me one thing? That if you ever need to talk to someone about anything, anything at all, you'll consider coming to me?" Asher asked and I smiled nodding.

"Promise." I said and leaned into hug him and luckily for me he wrapped his arms around me too.

"I hope you don't expect your getting your sweatshirt back. Because that's so not gonna happen." I said causing him to laugh his deep sexy laugh that he has.

"Don't worry, it looked better on you then me anyway." He said and I did my best not to smile but as expected I failed.

______________________________

Not gonna lie that break lifted a lot of stress off of me, for just focusing on writing and not when I'm gonna post these so I think that I'm just gonna post on the weekends and spend the weekdays for writing.

But that means I'll have a lot of chapters the post on the weekends so please don't fret.

Love you all💜🦔🌻