24

Asher's P.O.V.

Now that I'm not being such a dick to Annie I realized that she is actually really funny and fun to be around and I can't help but smile when she goes on her long random talks.

Like when we were supposed to be studying and she would just make the most random comments and were so fucking funny I thought I was gonna piss myself from laughter.

And we had a little back and fourth about her being late but it was pretty entertaining on my end.

The after all that she finally asked, "So are you gonna drive me to school or and I gonna have to ride Robin again and have her break for good?" And I let out a breath.

"Yeah, you want a ride or shit?" I asked and she giggled a little.

"Yes, I would like a ride... or shit." She said and we got in my car.

And that was when I realized that she named her skateboard too. "Robin? Seriously?" I asked looking at her trying not to smile.

"Yes, now shut up and drive." She commanded and so I did. "Also, when is my car gonna be ready?"

"I told you, I had to order parts from Nigeria. It'll take a while, so chill." I said and gently hit her leg rolling my eyes.

______________________________

"Hey, kid. How about you get home and I'll finish this up." Charlie said and I looked up at him.

"No, it's really not that much more." I said.

"It wasn't a question, get out of here." He said pointing at the door.

"Alright, night Charlie. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and walked out.

I walked to my car but looked to my right and saw Annie still in Juniors. I looked at my watch and it was a little past 11.

Wow.

I jogged across the street and walked into the diner.

"Sorry we're clo—" and she stopped mid sentence when she was that it was me.

"Hi?" She said and made it kinda sound like a question.

"Hey. I was hoping you'd stay open long enough for me to be able to get a milkshake." I said smiling.

"Oh, you were hoping?" She smirked at me.

"Yeah, so..." I trailed off sitting down at the counter.

"One vanilla milkshake coming up." Annie said and walked back.

"Uh, I'd like a chocolate one actually." I said looking over at her.

"No, I'm making it and I will make you love vanilla." She said smiling and I just rolled my eyes.

"What's your deal with vanilla anyway? Its predictable and basic." I said as she came back to the counter and placed the drink in front of me.

"Exactly, we are the same." She said and picked it back up and held it against her face and smiled. "You see the similarities, right?" She asked smiling.

"Not really." I said with a chuckle. "There's nothing predictable about you." I said and took it back from her.

"Also, why are you working here so late? Did you start right after school?" I asked looking at her as I sipped the milkshake and it was actually pretty good.

"Yes, the more hours, the more money." Annie said sweet and simple.

"Really? What do you need more money for. New shoes?" I said rolling my eyes as that is what girls in my experience always want to buy.

But she just rolled her eyes back at me.

"One, I clearly don't need new shoes." She said and put her foot up on the counter and it was dirty torn up vans. "Seriously I believe people only need one pair. And two, money for college and for what you're charging for my car is gonna bury me." She said and wiped the counter down more.

"College that's like more then a year away." I said frowning my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah, but I do plan on going to a good school." She said and I nodded.

"Aren't your parents gonna help pay for school?" I asked looking back up at her and she kinda got awkward.

"Parent." She said looking away a little and I looked at her more intently. "My dad walked out on us when I was 11." She said and I saw that she was trying to control her anger by making a fist and I felt the urge to grab her hand but I stopped myself.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

What the fuck?

Oh? That's not what I should say.

God I'm an idiot!

"Don't get all fucking weird now." She said grabbing my milkshake and took a sip of it and I smiled.

"Hey, not all of it." I said and took it back and she just laughed a little.

"You were the one who was all upset about it." She said and I could only smile.

Then for the next few minutes I didn't know what to say so I just kept sucking down my milkshake like a fucking douche.

"When you first looked at me do you think that I was just some girl who had everything and didn't care about shit, correct?" She asked looking me eyes and broke the silence.

"Uh, yeah." I said nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"And now?" She wondered.

"And now I think that you don't give a shit about some stuff but your friends are the most important thing to you and there's a hole bunch of other layers to you." I said and she smiled.

Okay, good that was the right answer.

"Yes there is." Annie said and I could see she was blushing a little and I smiled.

"You mind sharing?" I questioned.

"Not just yet, Pretty Boy." She said and took the empty glass to the back.

"Then when?" I asked as she came back and I gave her the money for it and she put it in the cash register.

"I don't know? You'll just have to stick around a little longer." She said grabbing her bag and skateboard.

"So you just want me to hang around you because you're in love with me, got it." I said smirking.

"Ha, you wish." Annie said and we walked out of Juniors and she locked the door.

"Sure, so you want a ride home?" I asked stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"No I'm fine. Thanks." She said shaking her head.

"You sure, it's kinda late and dark out?" I questioned looking down at her.

"Aww, you're worried about me that's so sweet." She said smiling and wrapped her arms around me and I just looked down at her.

"Okay, no no." I said and tried to take my hands out to push her off but she was holding on to me kinda tightly.

"Okay, you got three seconds. Three... the... one... There, you're done." I said and I couldn't stop smiling.

"You gotta get use to this because of what you said during P.E. the other day. Because I'm pretty resistible even to psycho stalkers." She said talking about her asshole ex. "And If I get mugged on the way home, it'll be on your head." She said pointing at me as she skated off and I just watched her.

______________________________

Why does it seem like that Asher always watches her walk away from him? Also Asher is understanding more of what Annie's situation is and it's nice that he actually wants too.

Love you all💜🦔🌻