23

Annie's P.O.V.

I couldn't stop thinking about what Asher said to me outside by the track yesterday and I can't help wanting to tell him how I feel.

But I know that when and if I do that he'll just laugh in my face call me a loser or some shit like that and even though I know that I still like him.

Like a lot.

And yes I told the Chicken Girls, Jayden, and Jack and I thought about telling Luke but then thought about t a little more and realized that he would beat the shit out of Asher and then Asher would so easily put it all together and that would kill me.

But this morning I was running late for me and Asher's tutoring session and my skateboard Robin was not running the best and I was late again and he just said, "You're late."

And we just had a little back and fourth about that and it was kinda fun in the weirdest way possible. And then after that we studied a little and I got to stare at his beautiful face while he looked at the textbooks and I occasionally play of off cool when he notices.

The after all that I finally asked, "So are you gonna drive me to school or and I gonna have to ride Robin again and have her break for good?" I asked and he let out a breath.

"Yeah, you want a ride or shit?" He asked and I giggled a little.

"Yes, I would like a ride... or shit." I said and we got into his car.

"Robin? Seriously?" He asked looking at me smirking.

"Yes, now shut up and drive." I commanded and he did. "Also, when is my car gonna be ready?" I asked.

"I told you, I had to order parts from Nigeria. It'll take a while, so chill." Asher said and I nodded just trying to control my breathing because after he said that he lightly hit my knee.

______________________________

Now I'm at Juniors and it's like 11 and I'm starting to close up because the last couple finally left and Junior had a family emergency to take care of a few days ago so he left me the keys to close up for the past couple nights.

I was wiping down the counter when I heard the bell at the door ring indicating someone walked in.

"Sorry we're clo—" I started to say and looking up to see Asher Angel.

What the fuck.

"Hi?" I said and it was kinda like a question.

"Hey." He said with his cute as fuck smile on his face. "I was hoping you'd stay open long enough for me to be able to get a milkshake."

"Oh, you were hoping?" I asked smirking.

"Yeah, so..." He asked smiling sitting down at the counter.

"One vanilla milkshake coming up." I said walking back.

"Uh, I'd like a chocolate one actually." He peeped up.

"No, I'm making it and I will make you love vanilla." I said smiling as it all blended together.

"What's your deal with vanilla anyway? Its predictable and basic." Asher said as I walked back to the counter and placed the drink in front of him.

"Exactly, we are the same." I said picking it back up and held it agains my cheek and smiled. "You see the similarities, right?" I asked smiling.

"Not really. There's nothing predictable about you." He said talking it back from me and I did my best not to smile.

That was kinda a compliment.

"Also, why are you working here so late? Did you start right after school?" Asher asked looking at me sipped the milkshake and didn't have a look of disgust when he had it so that's a plus.

"Yes, the more hours, the more money." I said sweet and simple.

"Really? What do you need more money for. New shoes?" He said rolling his eyes and I just rolled my eyes back.

"One, I clearly don't need new shoes." I said and put my foot up on the counter and had a ratty-ass ripped up vans. "Seriously I believe people only need one pair. And two, money for college and for what you're charging for my car is gonna bury me." I said and wiped the counter down more.

"College that's like more then a year away." Asher said frowning his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, but I do plan on going to a good school." I said and he nodded.

"Aren't your parents gonna help pay for school?" He asked looking back up at me and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Parent." I said looking away a little. "My dad walked out on us when I was 11." I said and clenched my jaw a little.

After Caleb died my dad was distant and then after a few months he just left with did spark us to move here to Attaway so I guess it was kinda a good thing.

"Oh." Was all Asher said and he sat up a little straighter.

"Don't get all fucking weird now." I said grabbing his milkshake and took a sip of it trying to break the ice.

"Hey, not all of it." He said and took it back and I just laughed a little.

"You were the one who was all upset about it." I said and he just smiled.

But he was still acting weird about if for the next few minutes so I just said it.

"When you first looked at me do you think that I was just some girl who had everything and didn't care about shit, correct?" I asked looking at him square in the eye.

"Uh, yeah." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"And now?"

"And now I think that you don't give a shit about some stuff but your friends are the most important thing to you and there's a whole bunch of other layers to you." He said and I smiled.

"Yes there is." I said and I could feel my cheeks heating up a little.

"You mind sharing?" Asher wondered.

"Not just yet Pretty Boy." I said and took the empty glass to the back and in the dishwasher.

"Then when?" He asked as I came back and he handing me the money for the drink and I put it in the register.

"I don't know? You'll just have to stick around a little longer." I said grabbing my bag and skateboard.

"So you just want me to hang around you because you're in love with me, god it." He said smirking and my heart literally stopped and I just had to play it off cool.

"Ha, you wish." I said and we walked out of Juniors and I locked the door.

"Sure, so you want a ride home?" He said putting his hands him his pockets.

"I'm, now I'm fine. Thanks." I said shaking my head.

"You sure, it's kinda late and dark out?" He questioned looking down at me.

"Aww, you're worried about me that's so sweet." I said smiling and wrapped my arms around his stiff body.

"Okay, no no." He said and tried to take his hands out of his pockets but I was holding on to him kinda tightly and I kinda inhaled his sent without him knowing.

I tried not to making it sound that creepy but it did.

"Okay, you got three seconds. Three... two... one... There, you're done." He said and I could feel him smiling.

"You gotta get use to this because of what you said during P.E. the other day. Because I'm pretty resistible even to psycho stalkers." I said smiling as I released him and got in my skateboard. "And If I get mugged on the way home, it'll be on your head." I said pointing at him as I kicked off.

______________________________

I kinda love how Annie is telling Asher about her personal problems and he's being so sweet about it and it's just gonna get better from here.

Love you all💜🦔🌻

Just a kiss// Ashannie जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें