Travis Image - The Piano Man

Warnings -
•Cursing
•Talk of the 40s (apparently thats a trigger, but its ok ^-^)

This is an AU based on the song Piano Man, which is above ^^

Y/N (you) is a bartender at the local bar and Travis Valkrum walks in. (owo)

Hope you guys enjoy! This took so long oml
—————————————————————

"Y/N! SCOTCH AT TABLE 5!" The manager yells at a girl working behind the bar. She sighs, grabbing a glass and a bottle of scotch.
"NOW Y/N!" He screams not even 2 seconds later. She pours and delivers the drink with a forced smile.

"I'm not paying you to fuck around sweetie! I'm paying you to mix drinks! Get back behind that bar!" He yells as she delivers the drink. She rolls her eyes, walking back behind the bar.

A guy with white hair walks in, making eye contact with Y/N. She locks eyes with him and they stare at each other as they walk.
"Travjs! Just the man I wanted to see! Say, why don't we get you a drink!" The manager sits him down at the bar.
"We need you to play tonight if thats alright?" He pats him on the shoulder.
"Uh..sure?" Travis sighs, looking at Y/N, who is talking with an older man next to him. She slides him a Jin and Tonic, smiling and then looks at Travis again.

"Perfect! Piano is ready when you are!" The manager then snaps at Y/N.
"Get him a drink!" He walks away.
She sighs, cleaning out a glass.
"What'll it be?" She gives a half smile. A man sits next to Travis.
"Travis! my bud! Y/N, this guy is cool, his drink is on me." John says, patting Travis on the back. Travis chuckles, looking back at Y/N who's talking with two men named Paul and Davy. They laugh and she looks back at him, giving a soft smile.

"Alright, drinks on John, what'll it be?" She slides a glass over and catches it. She was an amazing bartender, which is the only reason the manager kept her, cause he knew if he fired her, the bar would be ruined.

Travis smiles. "Just a beer I guess?"
Y/N nods, flipping back the glass and un-caping a beer, sliding it to him.
"Y/N! Enough with the tricks! More drinks to serve!" The manager yells.
She sighs sadly. Travis looks up at her, sipping his beer.
"Why do you work here?" He asks. She laughs lightly, cleaning out a glass with a towel.
"Pays the bills, but I'm friends with the regular crowd. Waitresses, business men, navy boys, all of them. They all come here to escape or for a memory." He puts the glass away.
"So...you play the piano?" She tilts her head. He nods.

"Well, we're all in the mood for a melody, Sing us a song...piano man~" she smirks, giving another beer to John, who looks depressed.

Travis gets up, sitting at the piano on stage and clearing his throat into the mic. Everyone claps and whistles, looking over.
He starts to play the piano, making Y/N smile in surprise. The band on stage starts to play the harmonica and drums.

"It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
There's an old man sitting next to me
Makin' love to his tonic and gin..."

People cheer and laugh at the lyrics, the older man at the bar mainly. Y/N smiles, sliding him another Jin and Toinc.

"He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man's clothes"

The older man smiles, happy tears in his eyes, touched. Y/N scoffs happily.

"Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright"

Her eyes go wide as he sings those lyrics, blushing slightly as John pokes at her. Travis locks eyes with her, smiling as he plays the piano.

"Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke
But there's someplace that he'd rather be"

John and the people who know his laugh and cheer, Y/N now laughing lightly and poking at John.

"He says, "Travis, I believe this is killing me"
As the smile ran away from his face
"Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star
If I could get out of this place""

John's eyes shine as he smiles, raising his glass to Travis, who nods.

"Now Paul is a real estate novelist
Who never had time for a wife
And he's talkin' with Davy, who's still in the Navy
And probably will be for life
And the waitress is practicing politics
As the businessmen slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call loneliness
But it's better than drinkin' alone"

People start to laugh and smile, couples getting up and dancing to Travis's song. Y/N moves from the bar, the manager screaming at her to get her ass back to her spot. She doesn't listen and hops up on strange, sitting next to Travis.

"Sing us a song you're the piano man~!
Sing us a song tonight~!
Well we're all in the mood for a melody~!
And you got us feeling alright~!"

Y/N sings, beating Travis to the chorus. He chuckles, playing the piano. People cheer as Y/N's voice come through the bar on the mic, John, Paul And Davy cheering mostly.

"It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And the manager gives me a smile
'Cause he knows that it's me they've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer
And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
And say, "Man, what are you doin' here?"

Y/N laughs at the lyrics, as Travis winks at her. The manager looks pissed.

"Sing us a song you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well we're all in the mood for a melody
And you got us feeling alright"

Travis slowly finishes the song, playing the piano.
Y/N laughs.

They lock eyes again.

The room cheers and whistles again, applauding. The band starts to play and more people dance.

"What did you say your name was again?" He smiles, their eyes locked in. She smiles lightly, their faces close.
"Y/an....Y/N L/N."
"Travis...Travis Valkrum." He laughs.
"I like piano man better."

Their lips lock like their eyes, friends at the bar cheering, laughing and teasing. They melt into the kiss, people dancing around them as the band plays.

This was SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE!! I love this song and the whole setting! I might write a part two, I might now, but I really really really love this and I hope you guys do too!!

I'm sorry I haven't been uploading so much but writing is harrrrd. But I still love every single one of you!! Its almost this books 2nd birthday! Yayy!! We also hit 63k! Yayy!!

Thank you all so much!!! I love all of you!!

See you next chapter, my lovelies!

Love, Kitty 💜
(Its 5am, I pulled an all nighter to get Crazy Emo Dorks done, good niiiight)