Raven

The moment he called Rachel's name it was like time stood still. When we realized that it was real we both screamed and hugged. If I knew any better K.C was just as excited as us. Then again he could have been trying to save face. Walking her to the stage, I was so happy for my friend. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better.

"Before, you get to your speech. I have another announcement. The Senior Vice President position was not the only one up for grabs. I want everyone to please join me in welcoming your new President of Marketing and Sales Larry Dunlap"

 Looking over at Larry he was just as shocked and surprised as the rest of us. Bowing his head, he said a silent prayer and kissed the necklace that he always wears. What I wasn't feeling was the way Janet's ass was hanging all on him. Making his way through he slapped hands with a few people. Stepping to me he gave me a hug.

"Congratulations baby"

"Thank you love" 

 Kissing the side of my face, he made his way on stage. Hugging each other, they held each other's hands up. After the speeches, the CEO made a couple more small announcements and we ate dinner. 

"OMG!! Rachel how are you feeling?"

"I'm on cloud nine right now. I honestly didn't think I was going to get it"

"Reall?"

"Yes girl. What really surprised me was the President position"

"Who you telling? I'm definitely happy for you and Larry"

"Me to, I can't wait to see my new office" 

"So, this means you gone get you a new assistant and leave me" 

 Making a pouting face, I knew she wasn't going to leave. I just wanted to tease her a little bit.

"Why would she get another assistant?"

 Looking over at K.C, I could tell he was a little bothered by what I said. Rolling her eyes I knew something was going on.

"Well, with this new position she might get a more qualified assistant"

"Stop playing. Now you know you ain't going nowhere" 

 Laughing and talking with Rachel we paid him no attention. I couldn't help but notice how Janet kept hanging all over Larry. This shit was starting to piss me off. I was really trying not to let it bother me. The more she did it the it pissed me off.

"Hey Rachel, I'm about to go the restroom" 

"Ok cool, I'm going to go with you" 

 Excusing ourselves from the table, we made a Dash for the bathroom. Of course everyone wanted to stop our progress. Rushing into the stall, I swear it felt like my bladder was going to explode.

"Damn Rae, did you have to pee or nah?"

"Girl, you have no idea"

 Hearing the door open Janet and the rest of the gossip hoes came in.

"Did you see how good Larry looked up on stage?"

"Chile yes, he even smells better up close" 

"I swear I'm going to fuck him tonight"

 Keeping quiet I wanted to hear what else they were going to say. I guess Rachel wanted to know because she kept quiet as well.

"What about the guy sitting next to Rachel?"

"I think that's Rachel husband"

"He do look like he can fuck a bitch into a coma"

"I bet she ride that monster every night. I mean how can you not"

"Shit, knowing her she probably stuck up and bougie in bed"

*Flush*

 Opening her stall door, o guess she had heard enough.

"If I was y'all, I would definitely watch what you say. On top of that make sure the person that you're talking about is not in the bathroom with you"

*Flush*

 Leaving out of my stall, I wanted them to try her. I was already ready slap fire outta Janet ass.

"Rachel it was just a joke. Lighten up"

"No, that's one thing I don't joke about is MY husband or MY marriage. Furthermore I wouldn't plan to fuck another women's man"

"We get it tour married"

"No, I wasn't talking about my man"

"Larry don't have a woman"

"So you say"

 I didn't know Rachel had this fire in her. I was actually proud. Brushing past we washed our hands staring right at them.

"Well, if he does have one then, why she ain't here? Judging by the way he was all up on you Ms Raven he didn't act like it"

"First of all, why the fuck you watching me? Secondly, I know her personally. We cool like that"

"Whatever"

 Smirking at them both we left them standing there with a stupid look on their face.

"I couldn't believe the shit they were saying"

"Hell I can"

 Making our way back to the table I could see Larry and K.C talking. Judging by the way Larry had his face all twisted, K.C had to say something ignorant.

"Hey fellas, everything good over here?"

"Yea, just getting having a gentleman conversation with the President over here. Right Larry?"

"I came over here to see where you went and make sure you was good"

"I'm ok"

 Still staring each other, Rachel and I just looked between them. I don't know what we walked in on but I needed to get Larry away. 

"Hey, let's dance"

 Giving me a warm smile he kissed my hand and led me to the dance floor……….