Larry

Heading back to the office, to say I was feeling betrayed was an understatement. It's been a month after the funeral and I been at home with Rae keeping her mind off things. A few days ago I got a message from Mr Brent wanting to meet up for lunch. Not thinking anything of it and guessing he wanted to just check in and see how shit was moving. Which was not surprising that's why I made the time. Unbeknownst to me it was for a totally different reason. I have had my suspicion of some funny shit going on, but I couldn't prove it. In talking with him, he basically told me without telling me.

  Have I been a bit distracted? You damn right. I have to make sure my family good no matter what. That goes by any means necessary, I'm not that nigga that's gone say fuck his responsibilities. It was all good though, mutha fucka's was about to see a whole new change in me. Pulling into the parking garage I grabbed my phone to check on my baby mama.

Me: How's my babies?

*Ring*

*Ring*

"What's up baby mama?"

"What's up baby daddy?"

"What you doing?"

"Nothing, just got done eating. What you doing?"

"Sitting in the car about to go in the building. What you eat?"

Showing me her leftover buffet, I shook my head. She had pancakes, potatoes and onions, fruit, plus more shit.

"What I tell you about eating all that sweet shit?"

"Not a damn thing"

"Yeah ok, what else you been doing?"

"Trying to get your children to evict the premise"

"They will come out when they ready"

"That girl been doing everything she can to get them babies to come out"

"I already know Ms Mary"

Watching our doula Ms Mary make faces behind her Rae's back, she made this whole home birth process easy. I have to admit when Raven first came to me saying that she wanted to give birth at home. I was a little skeptical and leery about it. Then we watched a couple home birth videos and did the research, I felt a little bit better.

"How did the meeting with Mr Brent go?"

Realizing she was staring at me while eating my damn dragon fruit. She was still as beautiful as the day I met her.

"You so beautiful"

"Thanks. Now stop deflecting. What he say?"

"I'm not deflecting. I'm good baby mama"

"Let me find out you keeping secrets"

"First off, you ain't gone do nothing but keep bouncing on that ball. Second, I ain't keeping no secrets"

Grabbing my things, we continued back and forth until I got to my office. It did make me feel a little bit better. Walking past Janet desk, I didn't see her sitting there gossiping as usual.

"Alright baby mama, I'm in my office now"

"So what that mean?"

"It means that I've got to get back to work"

"Ok fine, I guess I will find something to do with myself"

Chuckling at her way of pouting, she was definitely trying to get me to come back home.

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Hey Larry, I hope you don't mind. I saw your light on. Can I talk to you for a minute?"