Raven

When I say that this week has been the worst week of my life. That would be an understatement. The moment my brother told me to get to the hospital, I knew I was going to say goodbye. Losing my grandfather definitely was a different kind of hurt. I really appreciate Rachel for coming over even though it wasn't because of that.

The fact that Larry has been supporting me through it means the world to me. I was extremely happy when he said that me wanted to meet my pop pop. Surprisingly my grandfather approved and gave us his blessing. Which by the way warmed my heart.

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Hey, beautiful. What you doing?"

Coming in the room he looked very handsome, and smelled lovely. It did bring tears to my eyes seeing him in an army jacket. Kissing me on my forehead he wrapped his arms around and just hugged me. Swaying side to side, I didn't want him to let me go.

"Come on beautiful, you got to finish getting dressed"

"I know, I just can't bring myself to do it"

Lifting my hand he gave me the softest, sweetest kiss.

"I know it hurts, but he left knowing that you are strong. And that you will make sure shit always get done. So get dressed and show him you got this"

Taking a deep breathe, he had a point. My pop-pop always said that I was always the one to keep everything going. Giving a faint smile, I grabbed my shoes and went to finish getting ready. Checking myself out in the mirror, I was satisfied and I felt he would have approved. Making my way downstairs, I was met by my brother who also had on something with the army fatigue print.

"You look good sis"

"Thanks. You to"

Looping my arm through his we walked out together and was met by the rest of the family. Just as I was about to get in, I saw Larry making his way towards the limo.

"Baby, can you come here for a second?"

"Everything ok?"

"Yea, just come to me real quick"

Walking around my brother, I met him halfway with my anxiety through the roof. I really didn't want to hear nothing bad.

"What's up baby?"

"Calm down. You just forgot something"

"Forgot what?"

Going through my mental check o couldn't think of what I could be leaving. Pulling out a black jewelry box from around his back. He opened it up to reveal a beautiful dog tag pendant with my pop-pop's name in it. Holding back my tears I turned so he could put it on for me.

"Baby, it's gorgeous. I love it. Thank you. I don't even know what to say"

"Don't say anything"

"I know we haven't been…."

"Shhhh, we're not going to talk about that right now. We good"

Smiling and winking at me, he walked me back over to the car so we could be on our way. Watching him get in the car he was taking made me fall deeper for him.

"I know that smile"

Nudging my shoulder I couldn't help myself. The more I thought about it. I knew I was ready to go through this journey called parenthood with no one but him…..

---------------------------------------------------------------

Everything went as it was supposed to. Noone acted like an ass, everyone was cordial. I got to see family that I haven't seen, in so many years. My pop-pop was so handsome, I actually did better than I thought. I did have my moment when pastor said to come say the final goodbye. It was good to see Rachel there, hell even K.C showed up with her. I could tell they were not on speaking terms because she sat on one side. While he sat on the other. 

"Hey love, you ready to go"

"Yea, I'm ready to lay down. Babies acting up"

"My babies in there doing cartwheels"

Rubbing my belly, I don't know what it was but everytime Larry touched my stomach. They would calm down and chill.

"Hey Rae, I just wanted to come over and give you my condolences"

"Thanks Rachel, I appreciate you coming"

"No problem. If there's anything you need just let me know"

"I will thanks"

"I'm pretty sure Mr Larry here is taking good care of you"

"You already, but I will be back to work tomorrow"

"Oh, you sure. I got everything at the office"

"Yea, plus I need to make sure everything good and in order before the twins get here"

"Well, I mean we're still waiting on a couple proposals from some clients.  Which I got that pretty much handled"

"Oh, Rachel. I did finish those spreadsheets. I will send them to you in the morning"

"Just send them to Stephanie and she will look at them and then give them to me"

Taken a step back to make sure I heard her right. Since when did she have my work proofread, especially by Stephanie.

"Why does she need to look at them?"

"She's been going over everything before it gets to me that's it. No biggie. But I am going to head out, have to go pick up the boys"

Hugging us both she slipped on her sunglasses and left out. Still trying to figure out this little arrangement she got going on with Stephanie, for some reason didn't sit right with me. After saying goodbye to the rest of the family, we left to go home and relax.

Laying back on the couch, it felt wonderful having Larry rub my feet.

"Hey Larry?"

"What's up baby"

"What was that all about with Rachel?"

"You caught that to?"

"Yeah"

"I don't know baby. But you know how she get in her bossy mode, especially when I'm not there"

"Yea, but having Stephanie over see my work. It doesn't sit right with me"

"Well, just talk to her baby. I'm pretty sure it's not that deep"

Leaning my head back in was definitely going to have a conversation with her. This situation is really putting a bad taste in my mouth. Until then I was going to sit here enjoy my foot rub and hopefully get some cake out of Larry………...