Larry

The moment the smoke came out, I knew I had a bigger purpose. I was given another chance to be a father. I don't even remember getting off my bike. All I know is that, I was on my knees praying and thanking God. Feeling her hands on my shoulders, I could tell she was just as surprised as me. Reaching up, I hugged her as tight as I could without hurting the babies. Just the thought of multiple, made me think of the kids I lost. Which honestly I believe is the reason my ex wife left me. Standing to my feet, everything felt surreal.

"Thank you baby. Thank you"

Wiping each other's tears away, in that moment it was just me and her. Yeah everyone was excited and happy, but no one understood how  much this means to me.

"Listen, this week I want to take you away so we can talk and figure this shit out"

"Ok"

Nodding her head, we continued to embrace each other and bask in the moment. Finally making it back in the building hand in hand, a nigga was on cloud nine. No one or nothing could fuck up this day for me. Not even K.C, which I'm honestly surprised he showed up. Then again, this is the type of wack shit he would do. Show up and act cool, but really be on some other shit.

"Ok, everyone now that we all know that the happy parents to be are expecting both a boy and a girl. We are going to start opening presents and finish the games. Fellas I hope y'all are ready"

Sitting at the table I wish my mom and dad could be here with me. Making a mental note to go visit their gravesite, I knew I had to call my brother and sister. Especially my sister, that girl can hold a grudge like it ain't shit. Rubbing her belly while she was feeding her face with cake, cookies, and brownies I just looked around at everyone who adored her.

"Come with me"

"Where we going?"

"Just come on"

"Can it wait?" 

"No, now come on"

Taking her hand we walked over towards where Rachel was standing still holding the microphone.

"Aye Rachel let me get this real quick"

"We about to open presents now"

"That's cool, but I want to say a few things"

Giving me a hesitant look, she slowly gave me the mic. Winking at her I continued on with my announcement.

"Excuse me can I have everyone's attention?"

Waiting for everyone to stop talking all eyes were finally on me.

"My name is Larry, and this woman standing next to me is carrying the heir to our throne"

"We all know you the baby daddy"

Laughing at her sister law, her family was truly off the chain.

"Well hopefully it won't be that way for long. Until then, I just wanted to let the mother of my children know how much I appreciate her. Raven you have become something like a homie, lover, friend. And somebody who definitely keeps me in check. You're beautiful, smart, well driven and I have to say sexy as hell"

Covering her face, I knew she hated being the center of attention sometimes, but I had to let that be known.

"Nevertheless, I want to show you a small token of my appreciation"

Watching her eyes get big as hell, I could only imagine what she was thinking. It wasn't time for that yet, at least. Pulling a small box, you could hear a pin drop in the room.