Weapon 8

"5 hours on weekend and 8 to 10 hours on working days."

"I have a sick mother at home and I have to pay for my exam."

Yoongi suddenly remembered what Dahee told him. He stood up and walked around his room. *I want to help her but how?* he thought

His gazes landed on the greenhouse which he can see right from his room. He rested his palm on the glass window. *it's been a while since I went in there. It was omma's favourite place.*

He suddenly left his room.

As the night got darker, he made his way to the greenhouse.

He carefully opened glass door. It made a horrible squeaking sound. A few steps into the house and he stepped onto a puddle. He looked up and he saw some holes on the roof part.

Yoongi continued to walk to the center of the greenhouse. There's a water fountain and a bench. His mother used to sit there every morning.

Without waiting any seconds, he sat on the bench. Yoongi consciously ran his hand on the empty seat next to him. "Omma, you used to be right next to me." He said sadly.

He spent few minutes, sitting there and do nothing but to recall his memories with his deceased mother.

"What is it Kuhn?" Yoongi suddenly asked.

Kuhn stopped abruptly.

Yoongi turned sideway.

"I saw you went into the greenhouse a moment ago. I just thought you might need an accompany." Kuhn answered.

"I can leave if you want to be alone." Kuhn added.

"It's okay. You can stay if you want." Yoongi turned back to the fountain.

Kuhn went closer to Yoongi.

"You know, sometimes I wonder why wouldn't omma take me with her. It'll be better that way. I wouldn't have to live with that old man, I wouldn't have to deal these dirty works." Yoongi said.

"But Boss, if you're not here, we would have not worked here. I might still be homeless. You gave us job. You helped us to keep living." Kuhn told Yoongi.

Yoongi smiled silently.

Kuhn smiled softly, "Besides Boss, if you weren't here, you wouldn't meet the girl."

"The girl... Dahee..." without he realized, a smile crept onto his face.

He then looked around the greenhouse again. Suddenly he has and idea.

He smiled, "Kuhn, we're going out tomorrow."

Yoongi and Kuhn waited patiently inside the car.

"Kuhn, increase the blower speed. It's getting hot back here." Yoongi said.

Kuhn's hand reached for the air-conditioner switch. The air turned colder.

Yoongi laid back against the leather seat. "Now that's better. Now where is she?" Yoongi looked through the tinted window.

"Sorry Boss, but are you sure she's going to be around here?" Kuhn asked.

Yoongi nodded. "She did tell me she works at a cafe around this neighbourhood." He told Kuhn. "She wouldn't lie, would she?" Yoongi asked himself.

"Boss, behind us..." Kuhn's gaze landed on the rear mirror.

Yoongi turned around and he saw Dahee. She was in her plain shirt and a pair of black pants with her old-looking satchel bag on her right shoulder.

Dahee walked right next to their car without feeling suspicious of the car.

Yoongi's gaze then landed on her worn out red converse. 

"Boss, should we follow her?" Kuhn asked.

"No, no. Let's wait for few minutes." Yoongi said and Kuhn nodded. Yoongi's eyes didn't leave her figure.

"Good day." Dahee greeted the café owner Hyejung as she stepped into the café. The owner smiled at her. "Good day Dahee."

"Hi Hye Jung unnie." Dahee smiled before she quickly went to the staff room to keep her things. She went out and grabbed her apron before she went to her work station, coffee.

A few hours into her work and the traffic in the cafe started to increase.

"Unnie, Americano and hazelnut latte are ready." Dahee placed them on a tray before she pushed the tray to the front. "Thanks Dahee." Hye Jung took the tray.

Dahee was about to continue her work when she heard a loud sound of glass shattered.

She left her work and ran outside to get Hye Jung. "Unnie, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" she asked worriedly.

With shaking hand, Hye Jung pointed to a customer. "H-Him..." she stuttered.

Dahee looked at the direction Hye Jung pointed. She gasped.

"Nice to see you again, Kim Dahee." Yoongi looked at her.

She stood up, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for a drink." He said as he sat on an empty chair. Kuhn was standing right next to him.

"Okay, I'll make your drinks but promise to leave after you finish. You're scaring the other customers." Dahee said as she looked around. Some customers were ready to leave when they realised who he is.

"Promise." Yoongi nodded.

"So what do you need?"

"Iced Americano."

Dahee nodded. "And you?" she asked Kuhn but he shook his head. "Okay." She answered.

Before she went into the kitchen, she crouched down to pick up the broken glass.

"It's okay. You go make their orders." Hye Jung said and Dahee nodded.

In few minute, Dahee returned to the front with Yoongi's order.

"Your drink." She said as she placed the glass in front of him.

He took a short sip before he went, "This is the best iced Americano I've taste so far."

"Now tell me why you are here." Dahee said.

Yoongi placed the glass on the table and looked at her. "I have an important thing to discuss with you."

"What is it?"

"Come to my place after you finish your work." He said.

"I can't. I do overtime today." She answered.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at her, "Then, I'll wait for you here."

"No! I mean, no. I'll go to your place." She said in defeat.

Yoongi stood up, "Good. See you later." He and Kuhn finally walked out from the café.