Refaela x Argus ♤ returning guard

758 words

Requested by no one

I hope you enjoy! <3

"Why does it have to be this way? Why can't we have peace again?"

Rafaela cried as she hit the floor of the light temple angerly with her fists, on her knees.

"Argus, can you still be saved? Can I save you?"

He was always so unobvious about the things going on around him, he just looked at the task ahead.

"Rafaela, I'm sorry"

Those words still played in her head. Over and over. Argus was her first and only love. Why must he have fallen into the dark side? Did he forget about her?

So unobvious he forgot about me.

She cried and cried until she couldn't anymore. So she sat in the middle of the light temple. In the silence.

"It must be terrible for you."

Rafaela turned to the voice behind her, only to see darkness.

"W-who is there?!" Rafaela called out. A dark chuckle replied.

"Please... I don't want this." She said, her voice was horse from crying.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to talk."

"About what?" Rafaela asked, voice cracking. She hide her face in her hands.

"About Argus."

Rafaela stopped for a moment, then looked up.

Her vision turned black then refocused to a tall figure.

That figure was Selena.

"S-Selena?"

Rafaela's sadness turned into confusion. Why did Selena want to talk about Argus? Was she going to fight her or something?

"Before you go and ask if I'm here to kill you, I'm not. I'm just here to talk."

"Why do you want to talk about Argus?"

Selena softly smiled at Rafaela's soothing voice, her face then turned serious again.

"Argus has been asking about his past, heck he even asked me. Someone told him about you and the Order. He is trying to find you." Selena said as she smiled quite bitterly, still a little mad that someone would say that to a powerful being such as Argus.

"H-He has been looking for me?" Rafaela asked, a small spark of hope igniting.

"He has been looking for you because he wants answers, but I can't let him or else once he gets what he wants he might kill you..."

"Selena?"

Both Rafaela and Selena turned, shocked by the sudden voice.

Selena's shock then turned into anger.

"I told you not to follow me Argus, what are you doing here?" Selena said as she scowled at the fellow warrior. She moved to stand in front of Rafaela defensively.

"I want to talk to her... and ask some questions."

"You dirty bastard! I know what you are planning and I won't let you do what you want! I'm so glad that I got here first." Selena said, she mumbled the last part so only Rafaela could hear. She sent her a small smile.

"Please... I need to know what she was to me."

Argus took a step forward, but was then hit with a small abyssal monster.

"Consider that a warning, don't move any closer." Selena warned with a threatening tone in her voice. Argus stood there, unable to do a thing.

"Selena I don't want to fight, please just let me talk to..."

"Rafaela is her name. And fine but I'm staying right beside her."

Argus nodded. Then then walked over to the females as Selena moved to Rafaela's side.

Once Argus was as close as he could be to Rafaela, he started asking questions.

"What were you to me?"

"I was... your lover..." Rafaela shyly replied sadness lacing her voice. Argus' head tilted to the side in curiosity.

"What is a lover?"

"Its a person you love dearly."

"What is love?"

Sighing, Rafaela smiled.

"Well its when you never want to leave the other persons side, like you want to be glued to them forever. Every little thing they do makes you feel like it's only you two in the world, they give you butterflies by the smallest touch."

Argus nodded.

"Why... did I do this?"

Argus brought his hand up to cup Rafaela's cheek. She blushed and put her hand on top of his.

Selena tapped her foot impatiently, already getting annoyed by the romantic things they were doing.

"Okay, that that's enough questions for one day, the prince is probably looking for you Argus."

"R-Right. Goodbye angel." Argus said as walked off with Selena and into a portal she made.

Rafaela now stood in the middle of the light temple, anger and sadness no longer present,

but happiness replacing them.