Dyrroth x Guinevere ♤ trust issues

756 words

Requested by AthenaLithe

I hope you enjoy! <3

Guinevere walked around her castle humming a quiet tune. Today, each kingdom was having their annual greeting and it was hosted by the Vance family, so Guinevere couldn't wait to see Lancelot and many of her other friends of royalty. Lancelot had moved out a long time ago so he could be with Odette, his future wife and role over her kingdom. Guin had also heard that the king of the abyss was coming along with his son, Dyrroth, but she didn't want to believe rumors and kept a clear head.

"My lady, it is time to leave" one of the guards said as he walked up to her, she nodded with a small smile on her face.

"Everything is ready, yes?"

"Yes miss."

"Then lead me to the carriage." She said and picked up her dress, following her guard outside and to the carriage. Once she was inside they took off to the Vance families castle.

♤ Later ♤

As expected every single king and queen from each kingdom came to the meeting, with their children of course. Guinevere's parents had died on the battlefield, leaving her with Lancelot but he had moved out soon after, so she had to watch over the castle and her people alone. She was fine with this though, she was a fighter.

She was talking to Lancelot and Odette most of the time, but since all the younger royalists were all together at their own table she was also talking to everyone else she knew.

"Hey Guin, do you think Dyrroth will be coming with his father?" Lancelot asked, chuckling. Guin kept a straight face.

"I'm trying not to assume that, Lance, but I think so... most of the stuff they are talking about is just how to grow their villages and blah blah so there is nothing they can gather on the kingdoms." Guinevere replied, rolling her eyes.

"You are now queen of your city right? What are you going to do first?" Harley asked and put a hand to his chin, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Guin nodded her head with a small smile.

"I was thinking about changing it into a private academy of magic, for everyone." At her words Odette opened her mouth.

"Wouldn't you think that's too much? You are only 20 Guin and still have alot ahead of you..." she asked worried, Guinevere was about to reply when the front door opened suddenly. Everyone turned.

"Ah! The king of the Abyss! Come have a seat, we have been expecting you."

The king nodded his head and questioned with a rather blank tone. "Where will my son be sitting?"

"He will sit with the rest of the younger generation, over there." One of the queens said, pointing to them. Dyrroth scoffed.

"Son," the king said in a menacing tone. "You sit with them until this is done, got it?"

Dyrroth slightly nodded his head, not liking he had to sit with those stupid snobby princes and princesses who got everything they want. He walked over and sat down at an empty seat, which happened to be beside Guinevere.

The table got quiet as soon as Dyrroth had sat down, he put his arm on the table and rested his chin on his hand and let out a sigh.

"No, go on and talk about your plans with all the money you have."

Guinevere straightened out and cleared her throat. "We might be princes and princesses but we are not that rich."

Dyrroth raised his eyebrows. "You're talking back to me?" He let out a low, sickening laugh. "No one ever talks back to me."

Guinevere then turned to him looking quite frustrated. "Well I just did, if you didn't hear me right."

"No I didn't, could you repeat what you said?" He smugly replied with a smirk plastered on his face.

"You want me to tell you something? Well, maybe I will." Guin stood up with daggers in her eyes, giving Dyrroth a sharp glare.

Lancelot stood up and grabbed her by the arm. "Guin he's not worth it."

"Guin eh? Are you Guinevere Baroque? Your parents are dead right?" Dyrroth chuckled. "Oh it would be so easy to invade that castle now wouldn't it?"

Lancelot then pulled Guinevere back and went in front of her. "If you ever talk about my parents like that again I will-"

"What? Put a sword to my throat? Chop me up? You do know who you are messing with right?"