4 - ANTICIPATION

|| BRAD ||

Hell yeah! I can't believe he just accepted my request so simply! Grinning at the screen of my phone, this is gonna be great. Right now I'm laid down on my bed. Turning off my phone and tossed it to my side. My confidence was overflowing along with my ego, having no reason to be nervous at all. "Brad dear, dinner is ready," my mother's voice rang out, calling for me from downstairs. Getting up from the bed, I started making my way and into the kitchen. Food is set on the table as mom and dad were waiting for me before beginning. As I took my seat in silence, we began eating with Mom talking to me about school. Nothing much happened, it was the same old boring routine. The three of us continued to eat quietly and just enjoyed the meal.

Mom finished early and asks to be excused out of the table. She grabbed her plate and walked towards the kitchen to place it into the sink. After that, she went upstairs to use the bathroom, thus leaving me and only my dad left in the dining table.

I don't know why, but for some odd reason, this quietness felt different than when Mom was sat here with us. Dad was just minding his own business. I should say something. "Hey, Dad?" I spoke, breaking the silence. He slowly looks up from his food and makes eye contact with me. "You doing alright?" I asked him.

"Mhm," My Dad nods.

"You sure? You seem quiet?" I said, not convinced that everything is alright as stated. This time he didn't respond, he just held his utensil and didn't move. "Is this still about me being bi?" I frowned. Dad looked at me again as his lips pursed. I sighed, "look, I'm sorry about that Da-" I said but he cut me off.

"N-no... you don't have to be sorry. Yes, I was worried at first. I was. But I just need to learn and deal with it," he admitted. I peeked down at my almost finished meatloaf then looked back at him. His frown later formed into a smile, "Hey, don't worry about it, Brad. You're still my son, remember that," he said.

I grinned at him and nodded, "alright, thanks for telling me," I said and took the last bite out of my food and brought it to the kitchen sink as well. I passed by the dining room and watched Dad finish his plate before heading to my room.

"Ughh..." I groaned as I basically collapsed on my bed, face first. Man, I just wanna sleep right now. Well, that would be easy if I could just stop thinking about Noah at the moment.

I remember back in my sophomore year when he first came into this school. He is a foreigner. Well... originally came from Germany but was raised here in America when he was about five years old; that's what I heard from others. It is said that his father is Russian, and his mother is German. Honestly, a bit of an unusual combination isn't it? Everyone thought that he was so cool for being an international student, but what piqued everyone's interest was that his family is super-rich. Kids from all grades flooded on to him kept asking for certain things, most likely if they could be friends and get along. It must've overwhelmed the poor guy because Noah just looked really uncomfortable from all of the talk of wanting to be friends; although, he did make some that year: firstly James, then Felix. And during Junior year, he made more: Kate, and lastly, Ethan, because he moved here during that time. I've had plenty of interactions with Noah, talked a bunch. He's really nice and super cute, but his friends always hog him all the time which gave hardly any chance to talk to him anymore. Not gonna lie, I was really jealous, but this time, I'll take my chances.

-

I woke up from the sound of my alarm clock. Managing to have a good night's sleep after my deep thoughts from last night was a bit of a challenge. I sat up and extended my arms upwards and yawned, getting up from the bed and stretched my muscles to prepare for today. Checking my phone that was still on the side of my bed, it blared a blinging light on my eyes which took a while to adjust. Luckily I didn't roll over on it and break it in my sleep.

I need to stop doing that and keep my device somewhere safe.

Heading to my bathroom, I took a quick brisk shower. After finishing my bath, dried myself up with my towel, and went to my drawers, I scavenged for any clothes for today. I'm running out of things to wear. At least today's Friday, so maybe I can try and do the laundry tomorrow. Picked out a basic black shirt that hugs my body and some blue jeans. After getting fully dressed, wore my backpack and headed downstairs. "Hello Bradley dear, breakfast is ready," she said and motioned me to enter the dining room. I pouted at the mention of the name. She chuckled and pinched my cheek. "Mom!" I groaned. She then lets out a laugh as I sat down on my chair. Placing a plate of eggs and sausages in front of me. Letting down my backpack next to my feet to start feasting, "Did Dad go to work already?" I glanced around.

"Yep, his work called and asked if he could go for today; apparently they're lacking on staff," she replied and went into the kitchen. I looked at my plate of food and continued eating.

-

Moments later, I finished up and kept away the dish. "Bye mom," I came up to her and gave a kiss to the cheek.

"Goodbye honey, have fun in school."

Waving goodbye, I grabbed my keys, headed outside the house, and locked the door behind me. And so I walked towards my truck and started commuting to school. Noah, you better not chicken out, because I wanna ask you today, and this guy can't wait.