88 - FACING FORWARD

||BRAD||

After we finished up, we said goodbye to Liam who was cleaning up our table. When we got out, we were just now realizing how much time we spent inside. The golden dusk was now setting, the sun on the horizon. Noah and Annabel talked for a while before getting into his car. We plan to drop her off at her house first. Getting into my truck, I felt as if the dragging feeling in the gut and the unsettling mood between us is now lifted. Talking it out personally, I feel a bit better now. Seeing her crying like that, it made me upset and brought in my instincts to comfort her. I almost forgot what it was like to hug "her." We were there for each other at the time. Chatting and laughing while we ate together made me glad to see that we can be comfortable around each other again. I know I need to move on and let go, but that doesn't mean I should let go of the precious things we did together. All I needed was the closure, and it sure stung for a moment. I have to face with what I have now, Noah.

-

As I stared at the car in front of me, pulling over to the side of Annabel's house. We parked and both of them got off of his car. I pondered for a moment before deciding that I wanted to get out to. When the three of us stood on the sidewalk, Noah and Annabel embraced each other. The two held each other before both looked at me. Soon, they dragged me into the hug and I stared at them in surprise. I chuckled and held them both tightly. We remained the way we were for a while before separating. I figured, that we, or at least should walk her up to her door and see her parents. Annabel complied and Noah thought it would be nice too, so the three of us made it to her front and rang the bell. After a while, her mother peeks open and was surprised to the by the trio in front of her. "Oh my, what a surprise to see you two," she beamed.

"It's nice seeing you too Mrs. Lene," Noah nods.

Before we would end the conversation and leave, I thought I should say something, "hey mam?" I started, "I... I'm sorry."

She looked in me in confusion, "hm? For what?" She asks.

"For leaving your daughter at the party, and uh... everything else..." I frowned.

"I don't understand?" She remained puzzled.

That is when Annabel interrupted, "oh, it's actually nothing," she says before motioning her finger vertically on her lips. I stare at her.

She didn't, tell her parents anything about what happened?

"Anyways, thanks guys," Annabel smiles and waves her hand. "Goodnight," she said.

"Goodnight," Noah says while I waved back at her. When they finally closed the door we went back to our vehicles to drive off to Noah's place next.

-

When we finally got there, well, at the gates leading to the driveway to his mansion, I walked up to him who was waiting by the side of his car to say our farewells. The big bright moon looming over us along with the bright shining stars. "Hey umm. I appreciate you helping us work things out. Without you, I don't know if Anna and I would talk or even be friends anymore," I said.

"It's no problem Brad. I know how much you two meant for each other, and it was hard seeing the two of you feel horrible for so long," Noah nodded slowly.

Smirking, I gave him a small kiss, "but now, I have you," I held him on more time in my arms. The chirping of the crickets sounded out the silence as we engulfed ourselves in our hold.

He giggles, "you big goofball." He wraps his arms around me too, "by the way, I heard you say something in French to Anna, what was that?" He peeks up from my chest.

"Ah, it's something I learned from Anna a long time ago," I looked at him tenderly.

"Well, I'm gonna teach you something myself," he grins.

"Oh yeah? What?"

"ich liebe dich," he says in a different language, presumably German from the accent.

"What does that mean?" I tilt my head.

He smiles, kissing me softly before saying, "I love you."

Blinking, my mouth open and with burning cheeks, I stuttered, "ick... leeb a... dik..." only my face got redder and warmer from feeling embarrassed of how clumsily I pronounced it.

He snickers before stepping back, "we'll need to work on that," he says, turning to his car. "Goodnight Brad..." he opens the door, gets in, gates grant access, and drives up to his driveway. As I watch him from where I am, I couldn't help but smile. Getting back into my truck, I made my way back home.

I promise to learn how to say it for you.