74 - DRINKS, TEENS, AND DRAMA

||BRAD||

The next day

looking at the clock, it is about seven in the evening. Annabel told me that Noah asked her to have fun at the party. I guess, since I am invited to go as well, I wanted to take her there along with me. Stopping by at her house, I knocked on the door and waited outside. The door opens and shows her mother instead, "Oh Brad! long time no see," she sounded surprised.

"yep, hi Mrs. Lene, it's good to see you," I flashed a grin.

"Oh, is Brad here?" Annabel's recognizable voice was heard from behind. Stepping to the side from her mom, she was wearing a hoodie that was a bit too big for her size, engulfing her small figure, "Hi..." she murmurs. Turning towards her mom, she gives her a kiss on the cheek before standing alongside me, "well, we're off, goodbye," Anna dismisses.

"Be safe you two, okay?" Her mother calls as she watches us get in my vehicle and drive away.

-

"Holy shit..." I muttered. Stepping out and heading towards the other to open the door for Annabel to get off. The sidewalk near Liam's house was full of other people's cars and I had to find myself a different spot which was a bit further away; but from where we stood, we could clearly hear music blaring from the distance already. "Sound like the party is going wild," Anna said beside me, staring in awe. We walked together in silence, nearing the noisy household with multiple shadows passing by the curtained windows. The neighbors must be pissed honestly. Walking up the porch, I gave a decent knock enough for it to be heard inside. We waited for a while and it didn't seem like anyone picked it up. I tried again a bit louder and finally heard the knob shift. "Hey! You guys are here!" Liam pulled the door open with arms wide and a huge grin.

"Yep," I shrug.

"Get in get in!" He motioned and we both headed inside. I was quite shocked to see that there were about ten to twelve people in the living room; there also maybe be more guests from the noise emitting from every other area of this place. "Geez..." I mumbled, looking around the chaotic scene. To both our surprise, I noticed Kate and Felix laughing on a sofa together while cracking a few jokes. Annabel walks up to them, "oh, you two came," she smiles.

"Awesome! Honestly, I didn't think you'd be here," Kate smiled, her eyes slowly moving towards my direction, "did Brad bring you here?" She asks, taking a sip out of her plastic cup she had in her hands.

"Yep, I did. Wait, how did you two arrive?" I asked curiously.

"I drove us here," Felix said. So all this time, Felix was capable of being behind the wheel? Oh what the hell, did that mean that Noah didn't really have to take his friends home himself? I sigh escapes from my mouth. "Jackson and Taylor are in the kitchen by the way," Felix brought up, nudging his head to a direction where the sound of clinking and voices were happening.

I nodded, turning to Annabel, "are you gonna be alright?" I say.

"Yeah, I can stay with these two," she replies.

With a smile, I dismiss myself and entered the other room, encountering Taylor who was managing in a stationed table with drinks and other snacks while Jackson was sat on the countertops drinking. "Hey Brad," they both wave, noticing me.

"How long have both of you been here?" I questioned.

"I've been here the entire time helping out Liam. Jackson came in about maybe seven minutes later with literally six other people," Taylor shrugged, reorganizing the cups that fell over.  He shakes his head and picks it up later on.

Staring at the bowl of vibrant fruit punch, I point at it, "does this have alcohol in it?"

"Yeah, you know Liam," Jackson sighed. Shaking my head, I did feel a little bit thirsty. Taking a cup and handling the ladle, I poured in an average amount into my container and took a swig. I could listen hard enough to the fumbling on the second floor. All of the blame is gonna be on Liam if anything gets broken in his house. I bet he's going to ask me to clean up the place along with the others.

As time flies by, everyone really seems to be enjoying themselves, including Anna actually. Felix and Kate would be accompanying her the entire time while I check on her occasionally. When a lot of us are all together in the living room, Liam came in with the bowl of the brewed beverage like a crazy person and placed it down on the coffee table that is in the center of the room, "yo everyone! We should finish this up!" He cheered. Everyone looked at him with enthusiasm and scooped their glasses and cups. Eyeing Liam, I watch as he takes a huge portion of the drink and gives it to Anna, "have some Annabel!" Liam grinned.

She gives it a wide stare, "erm, no thank you," she says.

"Come on do it!" He says. Before she could retort any further, Liam begins chanting. "Do it! Do it! Do it!" Somehow he manages to get a few people to join in causing a pressuring atmosphere. Annabel gives a hesitant look at it. Feeling bad, I tried to intervene but I was too late. Watching her take the cup, she drinks it all the way without breaks and releases a breath after. "Woohoo! Go Annabel!" Everyone praised as she blinks in surprise. She looks at me as if she didn't expect herself to do it but also appears to be a bit prideful. Smirking at her, she seems to be enjoying this.

This night might not be so bad after all.

Or so I thought...