22 - LIKING ONE OR THE OTHER

|| BRAD ||

I sent an aggressive look towards Taylor who was acting all innocent, looking away as if he was unaware that he embarrassed me by revealing my numbers to Noah. What an asshole! "Eat a dick," I muttered.

"That's your job," Taylor grinned annoyingly. I shook my head, irritated. Why am I friends with this guy? Putting my hands in my pocket, I slumped lazily on my chair. Taylor's smirk faltered into a small smile, "you're really serious about liking him huh?" He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "uh, yeah? Of course, I am," I said.

He nodded slowly and faced forwards, "ya know, ever since you claimed to be bisexual, you got me thinking of something..." he spoke. And turned to look at him with curiosity and listened quietly, "How... does it work?" He said.

"What... do you mean?" I leaned forward on my hand with a straight face.

"I find homosexuals to be simpler to understand, but people who like both genders is something... something else. D-don't take this personally but... how easy is it to trust someone if they could fall for mostly anyone?" Taylor spoke, a bit unnerved knowing that he's entering sensitive territory that he has no idea of. I kept my mouth shut to hear where Taylor is going with this topic. "...I mean, because if a person likes both, that means the significant other of that person just has way more competition and the other has to prove themselves that they love the other back. That just makes it harder for both people to build trust wouldn't it?" He rubbed his neck uncomfortably. He notices my progressively forming scowl and shut himself, "S-sorry, Il-"

I cut him off and said, "no, continue. I wanna listen to your thoughts," I said with a low voice and crossed arms.

He frowns and avoids my gaze, "well... I also thought if a bisexual person could prefer more than the other. What if the person was more straight than gay or vice versa?" He fumbles his fingers together in total awkwardness. The mention of his statement made me question, I don't actually know much either. These feelings just started skyrocketing when I got to talk more to Noah, or when I first laid eyes upon him even. I tried putting thought into Taylor's ideas. Were they somewhat true? Those thoughts sort of scared me. I shook my head and dismissed them out of my head, trying to not overthink it. "Hmph, if I like someone, I stay with that person. You know me, Taylor," I glared at him intensely.

He nods slowly, "but... what if-"

"Alright, that's enough," I shook my head, not wanting to hear more from him anymore. Taylor hung his head low and sighed. I grimaced and scrunched my nose. Where the hell did all of that come from anyways? What would Noah think? I turned to look at him who was also gazing at me. I gave him a shy wave. He smiles and waves back to me.

-

"We should throw a party after our game on Friday," Liam brought up as he munched on his hamburger.

"Really? A party?" Taylor furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Liam questioningly. Liam shrugged and leaned back on his seat, "well, why not? We're seniors man, we don't have much time left before we inevitably move on to our own separate lives," he spoke out his philosophy. I heaved a breath and looked down at my food in silence.

"We're not crashing at my place," Taylor stated.

"Why not?" Liam frowned.

"We all know that after a house party, the whole place gets trashed. I'm not gonna sacrifice my life and get grounded for a dumb party," Taylor responded.

"I second that," I said with a raised hand. Liam pouted and glanced over to Zack but just ignored. He knew all too well that he isn't exactly the party type of guy, so it would be pretty ineffective to ask if we could throw it at his place. Jackson sighed and looked at Liam, "okay, maybe at mine then?" He said.

Liam grinned but later on sensed that there was a catch, "but what?" He asked suspiciously.

"But it's just gonna be us," Jackson replied, his finger waving around at all of us.

"Lame!" Liam groaned as he planted his face on empty tray in front of him. I rolled my eyes and leaned on my hand. Jackson and Liam started arguing about how to plan the gathering when I heard Noah's voice from behind. I turned to see Kate forcefully pushing him towards our table. "I hate you! Stop..." he complained but was done so against his will anyways. Kate and Noah stood in front of us as we all stared at them.

"Tell him," Kate said nudging Noah with her elbow.

"Okay okay fine!" Noah pouted as he rubbed his side. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "I'm... staying for the game. Ah, I'm saying so because I lost a stupid bet with Kate," Noah murmured bashfully. I looked at him with surprise. Kate gave me a big thumbs up and a nod. I grinned gratefully at her. Liam and Jackson started wrestling each other on the table. Our trays rumbled on top. "Can you guys not?" Taylor warned them.

"What's up with them?" Kate asked.

"Ah, they're arguing about holding a party at Jackson's place, but Liam can't agree with him because he doesn't wanna just hang out with only the four of us," Zack replied. Kate stared at the two for a moment and started thinking of something., thought it's like a light bulb in her head lit up and started whispering into Noah's ear. I looked at them with a tilted head. "Really..." Noah groaned at her to which Kate nodded her head enthusiastically in response. Noah sighs in defeat and calms Jackson and Liam to get there attention. "W-well... how about we party... at my place..." Noah announced.