13 - THE ROWDY AND TIRED

|| NOAH ||

Brad gave an introduction to his house. He showed me where the kitchen is, where the bathroom is, and where his room is. During the time of the small tour, I've noticed how there were lots of pictures of Brad and his family hung around the walls of this place. I would occasionally glance at the images for a moment. I stared at this one picture frame that was on a shelf that read, "football champs." I must have looked so interested at it that Brad noticed my observation on the decoration.

"Ah, looking at my picture?" I heard Brad then turned to see him leaning against the wall with arms crossed. He had an delighted smirk on as he looked at me with pride. I nodded at him and looked back to the item once more and focused on the framed image. It is a picture of Brad at about the age of maybe sixteen or seventeen. He was with a group of other football players. Some I recognize in the picture; there was Jackson and Liam, at the very center showed Brad with a golden cup held above his head, shining in glory. They all looked very happy. "Yep, that was a pretty awesome time," Brad said as he picked up the frame and held it between his hands.

"You really like sports huh?" I said to him.

He responded with a shrug, "well, who doesn't," he grinned.

I raised my eyebrow at him. He chuckled and placed the picture back on the shelf, "alright, I know not everyone fancies athleticism," he said. With him leading us back to the living room, we sat down on the couch and I pulled out my notes and textbook. After emptying the contents of my bag, I noticed Brad's notebook placed on the table in front of us, but it appears that he was setting up a gaming console on the Tv instead. I questioned his actions and brought up what he was doing, "Umm... I don't think setting up the entertainment system will be necessary," I frowned at him.

His head perked up to look at me like a dog whose attention was taken, "let's play some games first," he grinned. I found his actions a bit childish and ridiculous.

"Brad, we're here to study. It's the main reason why we're met up in the first place," I reasoned with him.

"Aww come on Noah, let's ease off for a while and just have fun," as he gestured me to take the second gaming controller from his hand. I stared at it for a brief second before shaking my head and refusing it. I slowly pushed his hand away and he looks at me in confusion. "Brad, I came here to study with you, it's my primary priority. If you want, we can play after finishing with our studies," I said with a serious tone. He looked at me with an imitation of a puppy with sad eyes. We then unintentionally entered a staring contest. Mine was fierce and cold while Brad's was soft and sad. A few seconds were wasted by now and I was not wanting this to go on any further, "Brad, if we don't start now, I'm just gonna leave," I said with no humor.

Brad's eyes widened and his smile dropped, "Okay okay!" He sighed and puts the controllers down. Finally. He places his hands inside his shorts, not in his pockets, but right between his skin and probably underwear. He then lazily crashes himself on to the couch next to me. That's weird, he has pockets, why won't he just put his hands in there? I turned to my notebook in hand and opened it. "So what should I tutor you on first," I asked. He looked at me but didn't reply. He had the facial expression of an unamused child. "I'm bored..." he mumbled. What does he mean he's bored? What did he expect? Learning isn't exactly the most entertaining activity. Isn't this what he wanted? I sighed and took his notebook from the table and tossed it at his belly. He looks at me with a pout and sighs. Picking up the book, he opens it and starts reading it, "would you mind refreshing me on the Cold War?" He said with a small grin.

-

A few minutes have passed by and I hope he managed to learn from my teaching. The majority of the time, he seemed to be dozing off into oblivion that I had to constantly get his attention back. What is this attention span of his? He's so clueless. I swear I'm a somewhat patient person, but my gosh was he testing me real hard. In the end, he did answer some of my questions correctly. He kept complaining about how he wanted to have a break from perusal. Maybe I should have brought Annabel along for emotional support because he was driving me a bit nuts. "Noah..." he groaned. His eyes met with my tired eyes. I could feel the energy draining out of my body as we speak. I really felt like taking a nap. "Noah, you look tired," Brad pointed out. Well, after all of your talking and loss of focus, Yes, I do indeed feel energy drained. At that moment, I yawned. I grumbled a few words and felt my eyelids drooping from the fatigue. Brad was just watching me fight my battle against sleepiness. Not only was I feeling restless, I felt hungry too. Right now, I just wanted to take a nap after all of this. It felt really inappropriate to just sleep in someone's house, but my body failed to remain energetic, and so I fell asleep.