77 - NO REPLY

||NOAH||

I don't know why, but there's an uncomfortable crawling feeling in my stomach after Kate told me about the conflict of what happened yesterday. I couldn't shake off the unnerving thought with out me there to personally witness it and not know fully of what's going on. We've already said our farewells to my grandparents and are now currently waiting, sat down on some chairs in the airport gatehouse. Our boarding time to America is in about two hours and I am bored out of my mind, hungry, and tired as well. Another thing is that the wifi  strength here too isn't strong which sucks. Beside me and my parents taking a nap together while I am in charge of guarding our belongings. I sighed as I wanted to walk around and find something to eat as I can pretty much feel my insides devouring itself already.

-

After a few minutes, my dad finally woke up and stretched himself whilst making sure he doesn't wake up mom who was laying on his shoulder. He turns to me, "you doing alright buddy?" He asks.

"Erm... I need to go to the bathroom, also, can I go around and find something to eat?" I say.

"Sure, can you bring our bags closer first," he motions our stuff near me on my other side. Handling all of our luggage, I placed it next to him, "thanks," he nods. Glancing around, I started venturing through the intimidating and huge places in the airport. Looking back at the lines where guards are handling the entrance, I always get a bit stressed and find it hectic whenever I have to rush through.

I found a sign that leads to the bathroom and went inside a corridor it told me to turn to. Getting myself in an empty stall, I sat down on the toilet to relax to pull out my phone. I noticed how I received about two bars of internet connection so I took this chance to quickly send a message to Brad, "hi Brad? How are you doing? I miss you..." Staring at it, my lips quivered as I started typing more, "Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"Please answer when you can okay?"

After I was done relieving myself, I washed my hands and exited to then look for a place to grab a snack. From the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse convenience store. Heading towards it, I passed through many appealing treats and quickly grabbed a bag of chips. Not healthy, but screw it. Giving it to the cashier to purchase it, he asks me for my payment. Pulling out my wallet, I'm glad that my parents provided me a good amount of euros for my leisure. Giving the proper total, I walk out of the store with the bag already open and munched on its salty deliciousness. Then, I noticed what seems to be a souvenir shop across. Thinking about it, it could be nice to bring back home some items as gifts. Walking in, there were many wacky and interesting knick-knacks and lots of cuckoo clocks. Scanning through the shelves, I handled a few german items to put on keychains, a couple of flags, beer shaped pins, and a gag item of a piece of conspicuously shaped laminated wood with the word "Schwanz" on it which made me giggle. Taking it to the cashier once again, she seems to have found it bizarre to see my collection. Shrugging it off, she gives it to me all in a plastic bag, "Danke," I said with a smile before going back satisfied.

As I walk myself back to my parents, my mother has her head laid on my father's lap while my dad has his eyes fixated on his phone before he sees me return. He notices my bag on my and questions, "what's that?" He says.

"Oh... I just bought a bunch of things in a souvenir shop," I said.

"Can I see."

Hesitant, I lend it to him, and of course, the first thing he pulls out was the piece of wood. He gives it a questionable expression and kept it as he redirects it to me with a tilt of his head, "do you... know what this says?"

Scratching the back of my head, I grinned awkwardly, "I think so... do you?" I was curious. He looks at me with a flustered look, a blush on his face as he coughs bashfully and putting it back in without replying.

-

After about an hour and a half, we are all now waiting people are now being called to take place. With our bags in hand, we finally sit down in first class. I carefully slid my bag into the storage compartments as well as my souvenirs. I didn't show it to mom because I don't think she'll let me off easy like dad.  As everyone began pouring in and I tried my best to get cozy. Every time I ride planes, I don't think I could ever get used to the feeling of turbulence. All I could think of is fear and death.

Once everyone is beginning to resolve, I asked a flight attendant if I could gain access to the wifi. After a while, he gives me a card containing the code and I inputted it to the password bar. After ultimately gaining a good signal, I opened up my message app and expected a response.

Alas, he didn't say anything back.