10 - GETTING READY

|| BRAD ||

Zack went to go fetch Noah's bag for him before the bell would ring in a few minutes. Afterwards, he came back to sit with us. He noticed me seeming worried so he tapped on my shoulder to grab my attention. I turn to him, and he spoke, "I uhh... can't help by listen to both you guys." I blinked but kept silent. He heaves a sigh, "erm, Brad, can I tell you something?" He asks.

Tilting my head, I shrugged, "sure."

"Noah... the dude seems meek. Did you just ask him out so soon?" His eyes held a bit of concern as well as his tone. I frowned. "Look, I'm not the best at giving relationships. Heck, I've never been in one but... I suggest that you should take it slow, because it can be a shock to him you know? Get him to know you first, yeah bro?"

-

School day is almost ending. I decided to just run around the track alone and cool off. The other guys have their own things to do. Liam and Jackson are just playing catch with a football, and Zack is just dribbling a soccer ball all by himself. We all have free time for ourselves because our coach isn't here for today, so a substitute came to take his place. The majority of the class found it as an opportunity to do nothing and be on their phones. The teacher doesn't seem to mind and was pretty much just here to take attendance and make sure nobody kills each other. The sun is shining bright out today. I let the warmth of it embrace my body while the breeze cools me down at the same time.

After five rounds of running with only two short breaks, I decided to take a rest and sit down next to Zack on the field within the track field. "How's your work out?" Zack said looking at me.

"Great," I shrugged. I'm not even breathless, but it was a good one indeed. I wiped away my sweat from my forehead. Damn, it's a bit hotter than usual today, although fall is just around the corner at least. "Are you heading home again, or are you staying for a while?" Zack questioned.

"I'm gonna head home soon, I wanna clean up the house before Noah arrives at my place tomorrow," I said to him. Zack nods and looks down at the soccer ball that he has with him. In the distance, I watched as the sprinklers starting popping up from the ground and started spraying the grass over at the other side of the field. This caused a few people who were sat there to move away. From where I'm sitting, a small rainbow is formed by the mist of the sprinklers combined with the sun's radiant rays. Zack was humming a tune quietly while he spun the ball in the space between us. That reminds me, "how's choir, by the way, liking it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it's nice," he said with a smile.

"Pff..." I teased him.

"What? What's wrong with choir?" Zack pouted, "you can't make fun of me for being in it, don't forget, Noah and his friends are in it too," Zack reminded me with a smirk. Fuck. I forgot that Noah is a choir and drama kid.

"Well, I think he suits being a music person," he said to him.

"What does that even mean?" Zack narrowed his eyes at me with an exaggerated frown that his face scrunched up. I just rolled my eyes at him and muttered, "nothing..." I felt a light tap on my shoulder which caused me to turn around. I looked up to see a girl looking at both of us, "it's almost time to go, so the substitute is calling everyone to come back in," she said.

"Oh, thank you for telling us," Zack said to her. She nods and starts walking back to the school building. Zack got up from the ground and held out his hand for me. I firmly grasped it and let him pull me up to help, "Thanks," I said to him. We both start walking back and caught up with the other students.

-

After getting dressed in our casual clothes, Zack, Jackson, Liam and I loitered around the halls for a while, "Ah, Noah again huh?" Jackson said as he placed both of his hands inside the pockets of his jeans. I gave them a nod.

"Wow, you're really serious?" said Liam. I gave him a shrug the checked the watch on my wrist to read the time. It is at about three-forty five. I turned my attention back to the guys, "I'm gonna start heading out now. I promise we'll get a chance to do something next time, sound good?" I said to them. Zack and Jackson nodded.

"Alright man, just don't get frisky when both of you are alone in your bedroom," Liam wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"For fuck sakes, you guys make it seem like I'm only in it to bang Noah," I scowled at them and started walking away. I hear them chuckle before finally leaving the perimeter to the point where I can't see or hear them. Geez, friends can be dicks sometimes. After making my way to the parking lot. I noticed Noah and all of his other friends besides Ethan, heading towards his car. Kate spotted me looking at them and nudged Noah's arm. After getting his attention, she pointed at me. I waved them hello with a smirk. James places his hands on Noah's shoulder and whispered into his ear. This caused Noah to be flustered and have blushed. His group started laughing altogether and I raised an eyebrow in confusion but mainly focused on Noah. I couldn't help but smile at how cute he looks as he gave a tantrum at his buddies. He sighs and looks at me with a shy bashful face, giving me a small wave before bolting towards his vehicle. His friends followed him afterward and got in his car with him. I chuckled at his dorkiness before walking towards my own truck.

-

After driving back home, I quickly greeted my parents and told them about having a friend over to study tomorrow. I went upstairs to my room to finish up my school work before tidying up the place. I dusted my bookshelves, organized my desk, made sure to pick up my dirty laundry and chucked them into my basket. I also went downstairs to pick up the house's vacuum to clean up the carpet in my room. This seemed to amuse my parents as they saw how determined I was to make myself look presentable.

-

Author here, now, you're probably wondering why this jock is so forward lol. Don't worry, his character develops later on the story.