89 - GET READY

||NOAH||

PROM NIGHT

The time has finally come; dancing, couples, and other stuff. To be honest, this is going to be my first actual prom. I've helped organized most of them but didn't bother to see how it turns out myself, but for once, I'll get to experience it. Currently, I am both quite nervous but also excited. James, Kate, and Annabel planned that they wanted to get ready together. So after I dropped off Ethan and Felix of on their homes, I visited the other three's houses while they brought along their outfits, makeup, etc. and headed to my place. "I'm so hyped, you guys are gonna look so cute together," James squealed at me with his tuxedo in his arms.

"Also, we'll get to hear your song," Kate peered through between our front seats and faced Anna, "nervous?" She grinned.

"Nope," She shook her head with confidence, "I've practiced hard."

"Hey by the way..." James interrupted, "can I do all of your guys' make up," He asked in a sweet tone. Seeing him through the front mirror, I glimpsed at his small bag which I assume contains his makeup.

"Erm..." I mumbled.

"I promise I won't go harsh on you Noah."

Sighing, I went with it, "ok."

-

When we've all gotten together in my room, they laid out their outfits on top of my bed as well as some essentials such as combs, perfumes, and makeup. Kate was sat down on my desk with a hand mirror, Annabel sat down beside our clothes, while James unpacked and assessed his beauty products. "I've wondered," I spoke as I paced around my room, "what's it like going to prom?" I sounded uneducated.

"It's pretty fun honestly; music, making out, friends, boyfriends..." Kate mumbled as she applies her skincare.

"Can't relate to that last part, must be nice," James rolled his eyes and picks up a small container and walks over to Kate.

"What was it like for you last year Anna?" I asked, meeting her beautiful gaze.

She sighs, pressing her fingers on the covers of my blanket, "well, it was lovely honestly."

"How so?" I placed myself next to her.

"Brad really treated me like the most precious thing; we danced the entirety of prom, went to an after-party, spent the few remaining hours together and such..." a small delicate smile forms and her face as she reminisces on her memories. She blinks, looking up from her folded hands, "but now, you get the chance to experience it with him, and I'm sure he'll do the same, if not better." I giggle and found it endearing. I gave her a quick little hug which she must have found it quite a shock. It wasn't until a couple of seconds later, I feel her arms around me. She held me tight in her embrace, our heads laid on our shoulders. As we part, I heard a small sniff from her before she shakes it off, replacing it with a happy expression, "we should get ready now. It starts at around eight doesn't it?"

"We have an hour ladies, let's hustle!" James announces in a rushing manner.

-

As we all have our suits and dresses worn, Kate is settled down on the same seat while James went to work with all of his face tools. I guess it was somewhat fascinating to see him have quite the skill at this. Kate isn't exactly good at it and only applies it to herself on special occasions such as this, and Annabel on the other hand never really needs to since I personally think she's naturally pretty. At the time James was preparing Kate, Annabel had been wondering around my room when stopped to pick up a certain accessory that was on my nightstand. It's the pendant she gave to me on my birthday. She stares at it longingly before turning to me, "I'm surprised you still have it."

"What do you mean? Of course I do."

"I thought you would have thrown it away or have forgotten about it."

"Why on earth would I do that?" I grinned. She pauses for a moment before digging into her purse that she brought along with her. Watching, I see her pull out a replica of the heart-shaped necklace. Frowning at her, I thought of what that meant, "oh, I'm sorry..."

She shakes her head, "it's okay," he nods. She gives it one last look before speaking, "you know... I have an idea of what to do with mine," she says.

"Oh really?" I tilt my head.

She walks over to me and hands me my own, "it'll be a gift for someone else."

Raising a brow, I didn't know what she meant by that. "Hey Noah, it's your turn now," James grinned as he stood proudly next to a glammed up Kate. Annabel gasps as she gazes at her in admiration.

"How do I look?" Kate poses dramatically with her dress flowing.

"You look so good," Annabel complimented.

"Then get so full of your ego," James teases her with a roll of his eyes.

The two then praise James's talent and soon, I was his next client. With the same small bottle at hand, James squirts out a bit of this liquid and dots it lightly on my skin, "It won't take much time, I promise," he says.