71 - TRAVEL SAFELY

||NOAH||

Days later

The week had gone by and Danny had prepared all of my belongings for the upcoming week in Germany. My parents hired a chaperone who should be arriving in a while. Mother and father are a bit busy at the moment, making sure that the company will be under control while we're absent. "I hope you guys travel safe," Danny patted me in the back.

"I should get both you and Mowery some souvenirs," I smiled.

"That would be nice," he chuckled. In the past few days, I had fun spending my remaining time with everyone; in order to do that, we tried to come up with a schedule where everyone could be included to be present. As always, I would treat everyone. I was still bummed out by the fact that I couldn't spend this travel with Annabel or Brad. With our luggage sat beside me in front of our house, a sleek black car with tinted windows rolls up to our driveway. My parents, including Mowery, exit the house and saw that our ride has arrived. "Ah, wonderful timing," my Dad said. Mowery and Danny helped assist with our baggage into the backside trunk. With everything settled into place, we all shared our last few moments together, "have fun okay?" Mowery grinned.

"Definitely, I'll miss you guys," I nodded, giving a light squeeze to the two who went along all together. As the driver kindly opened the doors for us to enter, we got in. Soon, we were now being driven away. I gave a bidding farewell to the pair of men standing together with huge smiles as they waved back at me. "Excited Noah?" My mother beamed as she held my hand. Nodding with a joyous look, I pulled out my phone to give my final call to Brad. The phone rings and it only took a few seconds before the call was picked up, "Hi Brad," I said.

"Are you leaving already?" He says, followed by a sorrowful sigh.

"I am," I nodded.

"I'm going to miss you," he faintly sniffed. Real or jokingly, I couldn't keep in my laughter. We talked for a few minutes, how I would try to keep him in contact, and to remember than it's not like I'm going to war.

"I love you, travel safe okay?" He says.

"Thanks, love you too," and with that, I ended the call.

"Was that Brad?" My mother questioned. I nodded at her. She leans back and rests her head behind her, "you know, your father and I were a bit inconspicuous at the beginning, but I do now find him charming. He is a dashingly attractive young man now isn't he?" My mother teased me with a pull on my cheek. I let out a chuckle and gently swatted her hand away. I didn't think my mother would like to chitchat about boys. We take a temporary pause as we were stopping by a red light at an interception. I took this time to dial Annabel, tapping at her profile and the phone starts to ring. "Hi Noah," her gentle voice emits through my speaker.

"Hi Annabel, yeah, I'm just calling to tell you that I am now driving towards the airport as we speak," A slight tone of disappointment crawls in my throat; Annabel seemed to the picked that up.

"I'm sorry I didn't go with you this time, I just still need some time to reflect on stuff," she says. Even though she doesn't physically show any signs of her bothersome, whatever it still lingers within her. I stopped digging information from way back ago; instead, I try to console her when it was needed.

"It's okay, I promise to take pictures so we can reminisce it together. Maybe we can scrapbook if I get them printed?" I brought up. She's sent into a fit of giggles which made me smile with her.

"Oh I miss those days. I actually almost forgot that was a small phase in our lives together." Then we began talking about more and more; each little segment led to another. Within our dialogue, I always heard how Liam was going to present another party in his house during this break within the students of our school. If I was going to Germany experiencing its wonders, I want Annabel to have fun as well since I won't be here to know what would be going on, "hey Annabel," I said.

"Yes?"

"You should go to Liam's party," I said. There was a brief part of silence on her side, almost as if she was uncomfortable, "Annabel?" I called out for her.

"I'm not... really the part type of gal. I'm sure your get together would be far more different than what Liam will be holding..." she says warily.

"Please? I'm sure our friends or at least people we know will be there. Let's both have fun in some way?" I tried to coax her. Then again, another short duration of quietness lingered until she finally responded.

"Okay..." she murmured. I small happy squeal escapes my mouth as I then ask her to remember to tell me stories once I get back. She tells me that she wouldn't go alone and she would try to take at least someone to accompany her. It was fine with me. We ended in the agreement and as I was now exiting town, we began saying our goodbyes. "Have fun Anna! Love ya!" I said.

"You too, travel safe okay?"